New style PC game cases - Y or N?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New style PC game cases - Y or N?

I'm not sure if a thread was started about this or not.
    I see that the new style PC game boxes (Look like DVD cases) are now becomming more popular.
    Red Alert 2 and Alice both came in these boxes.
    So, what does everyone think about them?
    You could argue that with the bix box style you felt you were getting more for your £££'s but to be honest storage can become an issue.
    Personally I love this new style and I'm really hoping that within a year all games come this way.
    So, what do you all think?
    It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
    Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

I think they are bulky, big and taking up too much room. The CD sleeve was (and still is) making the best of it, by giving you enough space to place the CD in, while on the other hand it's easier to store.

Even DVD's could come in a normal CD-sleeve.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I used to like getting a big box which looked really cool (in some cases). But now I much prefer the DVD style boxes.

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I like it! I wish they had done it a long time ago. I hate opening a huge game box just to find a little cd sleeve, an instruction pamphlet, and a shit-load of advertising crap!

Maybe they'll pass the savings onto the consumer.....ok, maybe not.

amish
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Yeh a little bit better but they could still be smaller and I wish they'd change those damn clips that hold the Cd's/dvds in.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I say get rid of the game boxes and just use the DVD-like or regular CD jewel case. Without the boxes, the prices would probably come down a bit. I personally don't care for the box (though its nice to have a cool-looking box).

Comment

I could care less about DVD quality boxes. I want DVD games!
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Tell me about it!
                When I went in to pre-order Balders Gate II I was told that the DVD version was due out two weeks after the CD version.
                I decided to pre-order this, 5 CD's or 1 DVD for the same price and only a two week wait - hardly a choice there.
                Still we wait for BGII to be released on DVD.
                This has got to be sorted out, most new PC's ship with DVD drives now and the issue of there being two or three DVD standards was sorted out almost three years ago now.
                It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Working...
                X