I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

6" of snow in KC and counting. I love Kansas City weather. Last week it was nice and cool with sunny skies. On Saturday it rained. Sunday it ice stormed (rain froze instantly as it hit the ground). I chipped off 1/8" (~4 mm) of ice off my car on Monday morning.

Tuesday it was cool and sunny and most of the ice melted. The streets finally got clean and driving was back to normal. Last night it started snowing. Today traffic was back to a crawl and we have had over 6" of snow in my area since last night and it's not supposed to stop snowing until late tonight or tomorrow.

Whatever happened to global warming?

At least I amy get a white Christmas for the first time in 4-5 years.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

It's a bit cloudy and chilly in San Francisco today.

high: 55°F
    low: 49°F

I expect Xmas will be much the same. I expect the Fourth of July won't be much different either.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

No doubt it will be wet stormy and mild in the UK.
      Well according to the guy who looks at sun spots it will be.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

We're generally concerned about the possibility of a white Halloween, let alone Christmas.

Comment

In Lee's Summit (just S of KC), and snowing like hell. And I've got Finals tomorrow...wonder how many hours early I should leave for class...

Comment

I fear white Christmases. I'm pissed when I even have to wear a pullover. Not sure it has ever been as cold as 55°F out here like ever. The thought alone fills me with trepidation brrrrr. Right now I'm freezing in an airconditioned room and the temperature is 64°F (there are 2 servers with 4GB RAM each, damn I'd love to run seti on them, hovever I don't dare as they are running Oracle Financials) I may be going to the States in February (L.A. hopefully and not Chicago) on some training courses.
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

We've been having the all-time highest temps since they started measuring temps in Holland, plus not a day of frost yet. I think our Christmas will mean having the BBQ out and roast a boar under the stars

Without having to rely on the warmth of the coals...

Jord
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Denty,

You are complaining? Shame on you.

The lows here for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday are as follows:
                -25 F, -15 F, -10 F respectively.

We don't usually see temps this low here until January. I hope the downward trend doesn't stick.

Rags

Comment

Rags...
                  Don't know why I never noticed you were in WY...used to spend a lot of time there when I lived in Boise and traveled for a comp. company. Hell, it's likely to snow there in July! I love WY, but winter there is brutal!

Jorden...
                  I'm heading for Holland...end of story!

Comment

We have 4 inches on the ground now with an additional 6-8 to go.
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Heh. It's funny you say that, because it has, in fact, snowed in July here. July 4th to be exact. Yes, we have had snowfall in every month of the year at one time or another. The average temperature is not too bad, though, and even though it gets cold as hell it gets pretty damn hot in the summer. Sometimes it gets over 105 F.

Rags

Comment

Over here in Miami the coldest it has gtten (at night) was 53. Does hat count? Today it hit 84 but they think it might get into the 60-70's sometime later this week.
                        A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

Got snow in Boise on June 12th of '92...but if you LOVE extremes, WY is the place to be.

(Echowars...hunting down his cross-country skiis so's he can make it to his final exams in the morning, expectant of odd looks as he passes cars on 71Hwy northbound...)

Comment

Make that 5" now!

Accidents galore, one would think these morons wouldn't forget year to year HOW TO DRIVE! Geesh

You want extremes, try the U.P. of Michgan sometime... in the 2 weeks of summer up there temps can be hotter than HELL and Marquette (just north of where I lived for three winters) has the greatest annual snowfall of any place in the US, including Alaska!
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Still snowing like crazy. It's supposed to snow at least another 7" before it stops tonight. This will be largest snowfall in KC in over a decade. All the schools (high school and lower) have been closed all week. Too bad work doens't close for bad weather.

EDIT: Damn it! All my anime DVD's are stuck in Fort Worth, TX. Those pansy Texas businessmen shut everything down if they see even a single snowflake!

Jammrock

------------------
                              Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 13 December 2000).]
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X