No announcement yet.

OK Movie Buffs....Test Your Knowledge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Movie Buffs....Test Your Knowledge!!

Caught the last bit of a movie on (Sundance channel..?), anyway, something about a busload of school kids from a small town that plunged into a lake somewhere in Canada...and some lawyer that gets involved trying to 'help' them all out. Had to leave before it ended, and only caught about 30 min of the flick, but looked interesting enough to track down so I could see the whole thing...

Does this movie ring a bell with anyone??

C'mon....we've got folks here from Canada...and this was supposed to be based on a actual accident...

No clues???

Comment

It is called The Sweet Hereafter. http://us.imdb.com/Title?0120255
      P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Comment

hmm,wonder why the runtime is different for Canada(110 min) vs US(112 min)?

Comment

The world turns slower in the US, so the movies take longer
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Actually, Jord, the world spins at exactly the same rate whether you are in Ecuador or Norway. Still 24 hrs to complete a turn. The Norwegian does not have to cover as much space for his turn, however.. so if you look at it like you'd look at a wheel, you'd notice that a spot on the outside of the wheel (Ecuador) is moving much more quickly than a spot towards the center (Norway), so you can see from this more extreme example how the US is actually moving more quickly than Canada in most places (not considering Alaska here)

Personally, I think the Canadian minute might be valued differently

------------------
            Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Actually, the extra 2 minutes is for letting the FBI warning stay up longer.

Comment

You mean the Mounties don't have a warning?

Comment

Thanks Chasbo! Been trying to figure that one out for weeks!...knew I'd find the answer here!

Comment

Us northern people are just more efficient. We can accomplish the same number of revolutions without having to go as fast

------------------
                    Andrew
                    Carpe Cerevisi
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Should have stayed in Idaho...would have made me almost as efficient as a real Canadian!

Comment

Working...
                      X