I Don't Know... Call Me Old Fashioned, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Know... Call Me Old Fashioned, but

It drives me crazy when people abbreviate three- or four-letter words with fewer symbols or letter combinations (cya, m8, sux etc). Is it too much to ask to type them out for clarity? Come on...

1 h8 1t 2!
    chuck

3tc. not etc.

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hey Brian... (a message from last night)

Elvis[MU] Brian R. Wrote:12/18/00, 3:31 AM
      Got to go Liz. Need some sleep

[MPE]Lizzard Wrote:12/18/00, 3:31 AM
      ok.. Good night

Elvis[MU] Brian R. Wrote:12/18/00, 3:31 AM
      cya

lol~You were saying Brian?~

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

thank goodness I'm not dyslexic,but even so, I sometimes faulter with some combinations of letters and/or numbers!

Comment

If that's the only example you could find of mine, that's pretty lame Liz...

Comment

Damn your good.....haha...... yep, that was the only one.. it just happened to be the first and last one you wrote.. oh well..
            i'll leave you alone today
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

At least there's no-one here (well, no-one I've seen yet) that uses the hax0r speak.

Stuff like:
              My l337 sk1llz 0wnz0r j00!

It's funny for about 2 seconds, then gets kind of stupid. It's usage seems mostly limited to 14-16 year olds, so I guess that's why it's not seen much here.
              <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Cerb: Everyone knows it's 1337 anyway

We use it once in a while, though I don't know why it's called h4xx0r talk, I know of no h4xx0rs that use it

Paul.
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

when I suffer from insomnia (is that the right word for the illness that prevents you from sleeping?), I always join a q3a server with some punks talking like that... it tires me more than reading the phonebook.

Well.. at least, that is what I would do when I would suffer from insomnia!

Comment

It's not really haXX0r talk, it's used more commonly by what my friend Maddog and I used to call "Warez Pupz".

You see (he waxes poetic), there were these three kids at the college where we used to go (and still loitered when we weren't working). And these three kids (quite obviously freshmen, judging from their lack of things to keep them busy) spent all their time in the computer lab, sending each other k00L messages like:

"D00dz, did you check out the L33t new Photoshop 4? It's K-RADD, huh?"

"Yeah. I bernt it to a CD last night with my L33+ new burner!"

"Kickass. Did you get the new Win98 beta?"

"Yeah, it's pretty L33t. I haven't installed it yet though, I don't want to mess up my Kewl burner."

Oh well, it was funnier if you were there. Also they'd talk like this in the hallways and bathroom. We're pretty sure they were doing it just so people would think they were... how to put this... "L33+".

- Gurm

------------------
                    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

DWN WTH VWLS!!

That's my kind of abbrev.

------------------
                      Andrew
                      Carpe Cerevisi
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Û b0ý$ dÛññ0 whÃt Ît Î$ 2 bÊ lÊÊt
                        Îf ýà wÃññà bÊ Ã t®ÛÊ hÊ®0, Û çÃñ't lÊt à $ÎñglÊ w0®d g0 ÛñmÛtÎl8d
                        0ñlý lÃmÊ®$ wîp lÎttlÊ pît$ 0f thÊή p0$tÎñg$

Comment

What a nightmare!

Comment

I'M, is there any paint left on your <Alt> key?
                            chuck
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                            X