No image when shuttling thru video - Premiere/MSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No image when shuttling thru video - Premiere/MSP

I've used both MSP 5.2 and Premiere 5.1c for small Quicktime video clips, but I'm trying to work with larger clips that I captured with my Marvel G400 (~30-100MB) and when I try to view the video in the source viewer in either program and shuttle through the video slowly, the screen doesn't show the images of the video but simply black and green screens flashing back and forth. I tried scrubbing the video on the timeline, and that seems to work but there's a lot of delay (~6 seconds).... I was wondering if this is normal, or if my settings are wrong for working with the MJPEG clips.... any help would be greatly appreciated! The proper settings for Premiere and/or MSP would be quite helpful as well! Thanks in advance.

System specs:

Win98SE
    Premiere 5.1c
    MSP 5.2

Celeron 366 @ 550MHZ w/ MSI Slotkey
    ABIT BH6
    256MB PC-100 (2x128MB)
    Matrox Marvel G400TV
    Maxtor 10.0GB (7200RPM), Maxtor 27.2GB (5400RPM)
    Adaptec 2940U SCSI-2 PCI Controller
    SB Live! Value
    Linksys EtherPCI Lan II Ethernet card
    Pioneer 104S ATAPI DVD-ROM
    Ricoh 7060S 6X/4X/24X CD-RW
    Iomega Zip100 Ext-SCSI
    Altec Lansing ACS48 Speakers
    Nokia 447L 17" Monitor
    Sandisk USB Imagemate
    -=ODiN=-

Doc told me to open up a scrub window of any clip and keep it open (MSP 5.0 trial). It keeps the codec open. Just double click on a clip in the timeline or load one and you can resize or move it anywhere. As with Premiere, I have yet to find anything. One note though, if you shuttle through your clip with the desktop at 24-bit it will show each frame. You cannot capture and it disables the TV out put, because of the lack of an alpha channel in 24-bit. Another "fix" is to try the Morgan codec, but that is a whole other mess in the end. The quality is slightly diminished even though the quality is great for a software codec and it is fast. You have to change the ID tag of each clip. I use AVI patch (can't remember where I got it) It's small and you can change the Tag for MJPEG to Morgan, Paradigm or Matrox. Edit the show and then change the tags for each clip back to Matrox to export. I would suggest sticking with MSP 5.2 and the scrub window. I have a copy on order right now. Strange, I downloaded v6.0 and I can't get it to work as well as the trial of v5.0. It is a ripped copy so that might be part of the problem. I'm kind of leary about upgrading now though. Hope this helps.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I actually found something in the archives on here... I just had to add that INI file for Premiere and now that problem is fixed... however, there's still problems previewing clips in the timeline..... some clips seem to transfer over to the next clip, flashing rapidly over the other clip or completely blocking it.... I wish there was a fix for that... unless I'm doing something wrong... BTW, i'm using the BETA 5.50 G400 drivers and v1.52 Video Tools....
      -=ODiN=-

Comment

Ok, well looks like I'm finding answers to my problems on my own.... for anyone else having similar problems, I found that unchecking the Preview to RAM option in Project Settings (Keying and Rendering Options) solved the problem with the flickering of the video with clips that I changed the speed on.... however, it does take a bit longer to process the project for the video, and the video isn't as smooth as it was before.... scrubbing with the ALT key still produces the problem though... does anyone know if there are any more advantages/disadvanges when unchecking Preview to RAM?
        -=ODiN=-

Comment

Working...
        X