Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-G only on some G400 DH?

A question:
    I want to buy an RR-G for my computer. I have a G400 DH 32 Mb.
    Someone told me that the RR-G doesn't work on all G400 DH cards. He said if you buy a G400 'bulk' i.e only the card, with a CD and the cables, no 'retail' box, it won't work... Is this correct? If this is true, how do I find out if my G400 works with RR-G or not?

Also, does anyone know what the difference is between the RR-G UK and international version?

Thanks in advance.

/ Jinks

Your friend didn't remember quite right.

Some OEM G400s were not dualhead, and therefore could not support a G-RR.

As far as I recall, all DualHead G400's support G-RR.

The difference between UK and International versions of G-RR is in the tuner unit. This is important of you want to use the G-RR as a tuner, but if you are using an external tuner (for instance a VCR) then it doesn't matter. Obviously I'd still recommend buying the correct unit for your region.

Comment

Nope, _only_ the retail G400 32 DH supports the RR, not the bulk version (it's missing the connector)

just get a retail (with the box and everything) and you'll be safe

regards,
      eXTREME

Comment

I have a "bulk" DH 32MB G400 and it works fine with my RR-G card. It has all the connectors and functionality. The place I bought it at did sell a SH OEM version that wouldn't cut it.

------------------
        -StLlloyd
        -StLlloyd

Comment

So basically, if I want to know if it works or not, I should check the card for connectors? And if my G-400 has some additional connectors, adding an RR-G should not be a problem? What should the connectors look like?

/Jinks

Comment

Working...
          X