Starship troopers for the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starship troopers for the US?

In a future envisioned by Robert Heinlein, starship troopers are equipped with individual high-tech exoskeletons capable of flight as well as enormous strength, speed and firepower. The US Department of Defense has quietly begun to put research money into making that vision a reality.
    more at http://www.beyond2000.com/news/Dec_00/story_926.html

The fun will begin when this technology "trickles" into private industry or becomes available on the surplus market....cant ya see it now?...."honey I got to rotate the tires real quick".....hop in your powered suit, pick the car up, hop out and do the work then hop in and lower the family buggy back to the ground.....the perfect gift for the do-it-yourselfer

-Dil

or stomp around like in Mechwarrior/Starsiege/Heavy Gear1/2....
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Will it use windows, if so and your gear crashes and you may die LOL

Comment

Imagine pulling up at the MacDonald's drive-thru in one of these.

Umm... but does it have a cupholder?
        <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

And make sure that the coffee is cold. We wouldn't want McDonalds to get sued for your own stupidity.

What's next suing them for getting frostbite on your tongue because the McFlurry was too cold.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 17 December 2000).]
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
          X