• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyborg Man :)

http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computi...man/index.html

Need more input!

ok......

Once the chip is activated, scientists will experiment with signals associated with motion and pain.

nice... lol
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Doesn't say anything about an abort or self-destruct switch, just in case something goes wrong.
      MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
      Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
      512MB regular Crucial PC2100
      Matrox P
      X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
      LianLiPC70

Comment

"Surgeons will connect the chip to his nervous system through nerve fibers in his left arm, and the chip will exchange signals between his brain and a computer".
        I wonder what sort of iterface they will using,parallel port,scsi,firewire or being this is highly advanced, usb 2!!

Comment

Now, why would you want to do this:

"In linking two people together thus, will it be possible for Irena to literally get into her husband's mind?" queries Warwick's Web site.

"With Kevin in New York and Irena in the U.K., if he sprained an ankle, could he send the signal to Irena to make her feel as though she had injured herself? Could she feel the same pain as Kevin?"

I miss my wife. Maybe I should beat my head against the wall, so she can feel my pain.

In the future, we'll all be taking Zone Alarm pills to prevent unwanted uploads and special "opt out" laxatives and diuretics to purge cookies and flush suspicious software.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 09 December 2000).]

Comment

Internal fax machine!! Good heavens! Where would the paper exit from?

Ouch!

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

It's the man The Register loves to hate

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/2/15329.html

------------------
              Andrew
              Carpe Cerevisi
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Could be the next thing, instead of cell and cordless phones, phoneless phones. All you'd need then is one of AMD's internal fax machines.

Comment

This the orginal mention of the AMD internal fax.

"Bill Gates, Andy Grove, and Jerry Sanders (CEO`s of Microsoft, Intel and AMD, in case you didn`t recognize one (or more) of the names) were in a high-powered business meeting. During the serious, tense discussions, a beeping noise suddenly is emitted from where Bill is sitting. Bill says, 'Oh, that`s my emergency beeper. Gentlemen, excuse me, I really need to take this call.' So Bill lifts his wristwatch to his ear and begins talking into the end of his tie. After completing this call, he notices the others are staring at him. Bill explains, 'Oh, this is my new emergency communication system. I have an earpiece built into my watch and a microphone sewn into the end of my tie. That way, I can take a call anywhere.' The others nod and the meeting continues. Five minutes later, the discussion is again interrupted when Andy starts beeping. He also states, 'Oh, that is my emergency beeper. Excuse me gentlemen, this must be an important call.' So Andy taps his earlobe and begins talking into thin air. When he completes his call, he notices the others staring at him and explains, 'I also have an emergency communication system. But my earpiece is actually implanted in my earlobe, and the microphone is actually embedded in this fake tooth. Isn`t that neat?' The others nod, and the meeting continues. Five minutes later, the discussion is again interrupted when Jerry emits a thunderous fart. He looks up at the others staring at him and says, 'Uhh, somebody get me a piece of paper... I`m receiving a fax'"

Comment

LOL. I guess it has to come out of somewhere.

Craig Barrett is Intel's CEO. Andy Grove, I believe, co-founded the company and is Chairman of the Board.

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/bios/barrett.htm

I can imagine the Register interview with Dr. Barrett after he receives his first "silicon implant":

"I bent over and (Rambus CEO) Geoff Tate stuck a 256K PC800 RIMM right up my...

"At first I felt all warm and fuzzy, but lately, it's beginning to hurt."

And while we're on the topic of computers and scatology, I can't notice that Asus has renamed AsusProbe "PC Probe." Earlier versions of the software were notorious for malfunctioning with certain (if not all) motherboards. I guess one of the lazy good-for-nothings in the California office finally called Taiwan and told them what happens if you change a single letter in "AsusProbe."

Joel, if I went too far, feel free to delete this post. I've been having some Intel-related issues lately and needed to vent.

Paul
                    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 10 December 2000).]

Comment

Kevin Warwick: a life in pictures

------------------
                      Andrew
                      Carpe Cerevisi
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                      X