Re: how long to clone a cd....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: how long to clone a cd....

Anyone know how long Clone CD takes to create an image of a 650mb CD?

It claims to have about 8hrs to go...considering i can burn at 12x this seems a little extreme....

Any ideas? (or should i post this in the new general hardware/software forum?

Patrick
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

an hour later it suddenly jumped from 5% to 33% and no i have 3 hours to go...

Are some parts of the CD quicker when creating an image?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

and now it is done!

wierd

Comment

It probably depends on how many individual files are on the CD. Mine generally take about 30 min.
        Do you have DMA turned on?

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 07 December 2000).]

Comment

maybe Paddy was using a trial copy of cloneCd which burns at x2 max!

Comment

It may have to spend a lot of time reading the copy protection tracks. Of course, you wouldn't be cloning a copyrighted Cd so that can't be the problem 8-))

Or is it 'just a backup'?

Uberlad

------------------
            -------------------------
            8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
            5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Creating an image? you mean on a hard drive... if I use my PC to do it, it takes about 1 min 45 sec to create the 710mb file on the HD. To burn it with an 4x drive (CD to CD) takes 20min 40sec (average). An 8x drive takes 9-11min to burn a CD.

Spazm
              P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

I was trying to make a legit backup of Hitman (safedisc v.2)

My write supports read/write in DAO but my reader supports neither - this is why i am creating an image (using the writer)

It just took forever...and didn't work.

oh well

Comment

ok, I believe you.

HOw is hitman btw? I had some probs with the demo and couldn't be bothtered to hack about making it work.

Uberald

------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X