Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millenium Approaches! Technology Has Failed Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenium Approaches! Technology Has Failed Us!

We've dispensed with what was dubbed in this very forum, "Millenium for Dummies" and "The Bubba Millenium." I'm a big fan of Western Civilization (some of those dead white guys were pretty sharp!), but for an entire year, it seemed to become retarded.

Well, the real new Millenium is less than four weeks away, and I still can't book a Pan Am flight to the moon.

Technology has failed us and Stanley Kubrik lied!

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

OK. This is just nutty:

http://www.panam2001.com/story.htm

It's a testament to the human spirit that people are so willing to celebrate just about anything.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I see your hardware is failing already Paul: it's spelled Millennium, with two "n"s... Time for a new keyboard?

Jord
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden, a colon typically separates a complete clause from an incomplete clause: generally a list, explanation, or quotation. (See how that works?) Two complete clauses should be separated by a period, a comma and conjunction, or a semi-colon. One should never separate two letters with a quotation mark.

The plural of a letter is denoted by an apostrophe followed by an "s." The apostrophe and the letter "s" should be internal to the quotation marks.

When you address someone at the end of the sentence, a comma should separate the statement and the name of the person you are addressing.

English speakers consider the gratuitous correction of spelling or grammar in public forums a profound rudeness. Ask Holly about the way New Yorkers respond to this sort of critism. In the State of New York, this is referred to as an "extenuating circumstance."

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 07 December 2000).]

Comment

What's an "I colon"?

Comment

That's simple..."eye:"
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

OK. That I'm going to fix. It sounds too much like "eColon." Given current marketing practices, if someone were to invent an artificial colon, they'd call in an "eColon."

Millennium, however, I spell or misspell with pride.

Jorden may certainly keep correcting me, as this is turning into a bit of a tradition.

Paul
              paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 07 December 2000).]

Comment

By the way, I was drunk when I post that. And I intend to get drunker.

I'll be turning 42 on the 16th. Soon, I'll be needing an eColon.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Ah, so you were PUI, Paul

Thanks for the lesson in general ussage of notations and denotations in the general language, btw. I hope I've done better this time

Also, didn't I use the colon right up there? I was explaining what I meant. Although I missed out on the capital I in "it's", and didn't know at the time how to do the "n's" thing, for I started off with 'n's ... hmmm

Jord.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                  X