New email Virus Warning!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New email Virus Warning!!!!!!

Just got this message at work this morning.

An e-mail virus has been released in a message with the subject "A great Shockwave flash movie". The message has an attachment named creative.exe. To help contain the spread of this virus, DO NOT open the message or launch its attachment. Please delete the message immediately.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

I'm also told by our people that it leaves crap in your outbox if you get sent it.

Well, if you're running outlook on windows anyway.

Mmmmmm, warm glow of UNIX superiority.

8-)

Uberlad

------------------
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

there's another, VERY DANGEROUS virus spreading across the internet. You'll get an email with this a content:

Warning! This is a _insert name of country you always make fun of_ virus! Do what this email tells you to do, or face the consequences!!!!

Steps to follow:
      1. Sent this email to everyone in your address-book
      2. Delete the contents of your harddrive and throw your pc out of your window, preferrably from the fifth floor or higher
      [This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 05 December 2000).]

Comment

i keep getting that one dZeus, its getting very costly...
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

dZeus, it seems you got v2.0 of that virus. I got v1.0 and it had a fatal flaw, in that the two steps were reversed. Before I could send the message to all my friends, the computer was already in several small bits on the sidewalk below. ;-)

------------------
          Andrew
          Carpe Cerevisi
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Doh!!
            System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
            X