TV capture goes bad with new G400 + RR-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV capture goes bad with new G400 + RR-G

The G400 SH in my Solaris box recently died and as I got a DualHead board as a replacement I decided to swap out the G200 from my Windows machine and connect my RR-G to the new G400 instead. Watching TV with this setup is fine but recording from TV to disk doesn't work properly any more. Playing back the captured AVI looks okay for the first few minutes but then the screen just shows lots of coloured blocks of various sizes all over the place while flashing continually. The audio playback is okay throughout this. Note also that what you see on the screen while recording is okay too even if it comes out screwed up in the file. I have tried the latest 1.52 video tools without luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Is there some nasty side-effect from changing from a G200 to G400 ?

System is P-II 350, SuperMicro P6SBS Rev 0.0 motherboard, 128MB RAM, G400 DH 16MB OEM, RR-G PAL BG (Australia) (approx. 18 months old), 16GB IBM IDE drive (onboard SCSI but no devices at present), IDE DVD-ROM, Mpact2 PCI video board (disabled in hardware profile), Diamond Monster Sound MX300, Intel 10/100 Ethernet, Wacom tablet. System running original version of Win98.

Have you tried the latest videotools ?

Your symptoms sound similar to those other folks were experiencing, which were supposed to have been fixed by the VTs released last weekend

Comment

I just downloaded 1.52 again and did an uninstall followed by a re-install and the problem is still there. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers as well? If so, how do one uninstall the display driver?

I notice that it's probably playback related (I'll bet the AVI file is okay) since the flashing occurs while the video is paused. I played around with it a little yesterday and found that the video would come back occasionally but I don't have a solid workaround yet.

Comment

Working...
      X