I'm sorry guys, I'm having doubts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry guys, I'm having doubts

I'm starting to wonder if the G400 is any good now... I know, I know, it's bad, but... 3 of my friends have the Geforce 2 Ultra, and man is it pretty. We all have 19" monitors, and I must say that their's look WAAAY better then the pic quality. I can't stand the Jaggies anymore. I'm going for a Gefore 2 Ultra... it's been fun guys, but the G400 just does not cut it for me anymore.

McRhea, signing out, switching boats, etc.
    McRhea

his friends obviously have too much spare cash if they can afford "ultras"!

Comment

Now, other people have pointed this out before in other posts, but I'll do it again anyway. Your message somehow sounds like a 'good bye'. If you want to upgrade thats wonderful. I'm considering getting a Radeon in January. Eventually the time always comes when you want something better and you have enough spare cash to get it. When that time comes, go for it.

What this doesn't mean, is that you have to leave the MURC. By all means stay, continue to participate in this wonderful (and I really do mean that) community.

Ian
      Primary System:
      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
      Seccondary System:
      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
      Tertiary system
      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Hedspaz is right. There's no reason to leave. Ant has made that clear.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

And even that after all the help Tim and I gave you when you were still in Korea

Please stay Chris. It doesn't matter if you have a CheFork 3 Intra (can't get the real name out of my fingers, my keyboard refuses, sorry ) but just stay at the MURC boards. Some day you can help someone at General Hardware with his problems

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

That hand thing is creeping me out.

Comment

Hmmmmm.....

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

It's those 4 little muscles that have me worried! hehe
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

McRhea:

Hang around...it's OK...Really.

What would we do without the record-setting help thread, and one of my favorite soapbox threads about body temperature and 'certain bodily functions.' (--That one was my absolute favorite excercise in sophistry.)

Just resist the temptation to attach your Dick size to your FPS, and all will be well here.
                  Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
                  CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
                  Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!! Ya, what Bixler said!!

Nuff said, you aren't going anywhere, especially into that intellectual void called nVidia...LOL

Paul
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

ROFL... Bixler and Jorden, you really brought back some memories... LOL. I was just feeling guilty that I had to ditch the G400. It was a great card. I'm going to keep it around for found memories of... cursing at my computer.
                        And of course to remind me of the... uhh... "threads" I started around here... LOL

I didn't really want to tell you guys I had gotten a Geforce, but... I felt I should be honest.

Thanks for not flaming the snot out of me...

On a more serious note, if the G800 had been made more with gaming in mind, I would've gotten that, believe me, But.... They are going for the business crowd... and I can understand that, it's a slower paced field. And no dumbasses screams "Why doesn't this piece of crap card work in my 133Mhz 32mb Ram comp??"

Hehehe
                        McRhea

Comment

if the G800 had been made more with gaming in mind, I would've gotten that, believe me, But.... They are going for the business crowd...
                          I just have to ask a couple of questions. Why are you speaking about the G800 in the pasted tense? Hell the card has not even been anounced yet. And who has said that the G800 won't be a great gaming card and that Matrox will only go after the business market with it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I think he meant the G450

Paul

Comment

He has stepped over to the DARK SIDE let him be gone ( and ship me his G400)

-Dil
                              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Working...
                              X