X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top 10 Intel mistakes

http://www.tuplay.com/display.asp?s=h&i=32&p=1

Ali

Good read. Does getting to big and arrogant count?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

They forgot the division error. That's got to me number 0.99994523842346

I still can't believe such a crappy chip made it out. Oh wait, it's intel, yes I can.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Now that makes think about an article about microsoft excel and it stats package that doesn't give the answers you expect.
        Now how many poeple check that excel gives the right answers?
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It's clearly written by a Intel-hater (or AMD-lover), since a lot of the points on the list do not really belong there.

I would say, the real list should consist of item numbers:

#9 The cacheless Celeron fiasco. A processor castrated as much as the initial celerons are really a utterly stupid move by the marketing department.

#7 Building a Rambus chipset and making a hack, so that it is possible to run SDRAM on it isn't a good idea looking from the technical point of view

#2 The 1.13GHz P3 recall... a very obvious case of 'paper launch' of a CPU that is not yet ready for market introduction, only done to 'catch up' with the competitors.

#1 The rambus partnership was a chance with a _very_ high risc of failure, and they've probably learned their lesson by now.

With all the real problems, I more and more get the idea that these are mainly caused by a _very_ incompetent marketing staff. They better get rid of them completely, and should hire some people who are really up to the task of running Intel.

Comment

Why do you think the first celeron o/ced so well. Because the cache was removed. I would call that a mistake.

Of course, the whole RAMBUS thing just got a bit out of hand.
            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

when it overclocks well, it doesn't mean it performs well... the cacheless Celeron was a horrible performer, and didn't have a long life because of all the criticism on it.

Comment

Still the original Celeron outperformed the P2 in almost all game benchmarks!

------------------
                Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Yes, in office apps it wasn't that great. But in games the speed was equal to a full-featured PII.

Comment

Heheh, yes it was... I guess that's why so many people bought it and then they all became gamers.

Comment

And if I remember correctly it was marketed as a *you_guessed_it* Business Processor
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                      X