My Winamp Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Winamp Skin

most skins strain your eyes finding the damn play button... this one is nice and simple looking... tell me what ya think....

btw, winamp.com reviewers are pure idiots....
    http://www.winamp.com/customize/deta...ponentId=29043

------------------
    P5A-B AMD K6-266@300
    Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP (oh, lets party)
    Creative SB Awe32 (a classic, superb card)
    Realtek 8029A NIC Card
    64meg Ram
    Ali V agp chipset
    ICQ UIN: 24730025
    <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
    VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
    Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
    128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
    Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
    Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
    Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
    Realtek 8029A NIC Card
    Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
    Actima 36X CD-Rom
    Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
    Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
    Windows 2000 (primary)
    Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

wel... I must say that I personally am not really fond of 'colours'

However, you know at least how to make a skin (I once played around with making one, but I didn't have enough patience to really finish it ).

Try to make one with a lot of 'Matrox Blue' (i.e. #000066), because I also am not that fond of the current Matrox skin

Comment

What do you use Himself?
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I used to use Creative's WinDAC but now i use Media Player 6.5? - works fine once you install the codec and its much faster than MP7
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

use WinAmp with the mpg123 plug-in... The default Nitrane decoder is really one piece of ****

Comment

I like the default skin for XMMS.

Also, mpg123 is a pretty nice decoder.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

How can you guys stand to listen to the poor sound quality (compared with CDs)? The only time I've listened to audio files, they sounded like AM radio. Is that your experience and you just put up with it, or are you getting good quality sound and I made some error somewhere?

Comment

RealAudio sounds like AM radio, allthough they claim it's almost cd quality, perhaps you heard that. It also depends on the bitrate.

------------------
                ------------
                ------

Comment

Brian, are you referring to MP3's?

Dave
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

A properly recorded MP3 can be at or higher than CD quality. A poorly recorded one can sound like a scratchy old 45.

And of course, for a winamp skin, what else would I be using?

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I make my MP3's at 160 or 192kbps. I use bladeenc, since it's got what's arguably the best-quality compression.
                      I wouldn't say that MP3's can exceed CD quality though (format v. format) since one is lossy, and the other is not.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Amazing... there are about a million skins and there isn't a single one that I like. I do use the Matrox skin, it's the only one better than the default one.

I don't like this one because the buttons and the mixer have kiddie colors, it really doesn't help finding the play button, in fact it strains my eyes.

------------------
                        ------------
                        ------

Comment

Oh, but both are lossy, it's just that one is moreso than the other

Comment

Yes, I meant MP3s. I don't remember the circumstances, but the experience cooled me to the use of MP3.

Comment

Brian, MP3's usually recorded @ 128kbps or lower do sound crappy. Try downlaoding a 192kbps version fo something and hear the difference

Dave
                              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X