Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't they just split the electoral votes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't they just split the electoral votes...

between the two of them based on the percentage of vote they recieved. Opps that would give Al Gore the electoral votes he needs to win and based on popular vote isn't that what the people wanted.

Of course I don't care either way and I will complain no matter who gets in. You see I didn't vote for either one of the idiots. Then again would we even be questioning this if wasn't for the thrid party candidates. Don't most analyst say that the thrid party votes would have gone mostly to Al Gore? Which means he would have won by large margins everywhere. Think about it for a minute.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

I'd like to see them split the electorial votes in every state as a change in election procedure.

Comment

I'd like to see Russia or the EU send people to observe the US ellections.

Comment

I'd like to see a do-over: with Bill Bradley and John McCain.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I got a feeling this is gonna turn into an "I'd like to see" thread

Comment

I'd like to see this turn into an "i'd like to see" thread.
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

I'd like to see PaulCS's dream come true...but it won't in this lifetime.
              Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
              CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
              Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

You know what amazes me, and it shouldn't. Is how the Repulicians are now crying foul over 1,400 oversea ballots being rejected because of missing postmarks but didn't bat an eye over the 19,000 ballots thrown out in just one county in Florida. They are also claiming that the overseas ballots are confusing and you would need to be a rocket scientist to figure them out. Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Sound familiar???

Joel
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel, I'm proud of you (I really am, for what it's worth ).

I admit, I'm amazed that you didn't vote (or vote for either one of the idiots, whichever). It's not quite up there with getting the heck outta Dodge, but hey, ya gotta put your foot down somewhere, and refusing to pretend that this money- and media-controlled exercise has anything to do with "the will of the people" is a good place to start.

Maybe one day I'll get an answer to the question I've had for many years: If only one American voted, would that one vote elect the President?

This whole thing just makes me sick.

I'd like to see a lot more names on the ballot, and a dag-blasted quorum of votes cast before an election can be valid, whatever the count-- and heck, why not a do-over if the winner doesn't have 60% or more of the popular vote? What is the point of having a President that half the country doesn't want?

/end rant, sorry.

Comment

http://www.discover.com/nov_00/gther...atbestman.html
                    Primary System:
                    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                    Seccondary System:
                    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                    Tertiary system
                    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Question: Would you want a president that won by 0.05% in the White House, or would you want re-elections? This time done right, so the Supreme Court and all of the other judges included right now, just saying: We declare these elections off the record, let's vote again. (?)

Maybe the American people should just riot and say: we don't want either of you (4) anymore, or just give them (2) each half the votes, and let one of them be President, and the other Vice-President. And let them draw straws between themselves, 3 times, to find a winner at that. The one with 2 times the longest straw can be President

I see they have other problems in some other country, where the President and Vice President don't want to do another 4 years, but no-one else has stepped up to become President. And their elections are on the 1st of December Wonder what their ballots look like, with all the blanks

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 20 November 2000).]
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Would you want a president that won by 0.05% in the White House, or would you want re-elections?

This is a tough one to call. It depends on where that .05% lies. If one guy wins 50.03% to 49.98%, then .05% it may be, but it is a majority. As far as a win of .05% with a plurality, well, read that article that I posted a link to and you'll understand my feeling on that.

As for the thought of a re-vote? Only under the most strict of circumstances. Clear evidence of fraud being about the only valid reason. However calling for a re-vote just because it is a close election sets and EXTREMELY dangerous precedent. Do it once and pretty quickly every time there is a close election you end up calling for a revote. You get one oportunity to vote, if you choose to vote Nader and Gore loses because of that, well, too bad. Vote Browne and Bush loses? Too bad. A revote would cause a LOT of people in these circumstances to vote for their more mainstream counterparts which would horribly skew the results of the vote. How many Nader supporters do you suppose would vote for Nader again if there were a re-vote in Palm-Beach? 10 to 1 says not more than a thousand.

Ok, I think I've made my case. Time to go be productive or something.

Ian
                        Primary System:
                        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                        Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                        Seccondary System:
                        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                        3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                        Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                        Tertiary system
                        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Hmm, I thought we'll have elections on the 26 of November, if you're refering to us Jorden. December 1st is our national day
                          And we don't have a Vice President, only a puppet Prime minister.

Re Edit: Oh shit ! he was talking about Peru

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 21 November 2000).]

Comment

Rather than recount/revote, why not have a Quake deathmatch? Best two out of three.
                            MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                            Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                            512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                            Matrox P
                            X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                            LianLiPC70

Comment

Originally posted by SCompRacer:
                              Rather than recount/revote, why not have a Quake deathmatch? Best two out of three.
                              Or do it for real, the last man standing gets the seat

Comment

Working...
                              X