"Welcome to Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit...Mars is somewhat the same
    distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen
    pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is
    water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can
    breathe."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 8/11/94

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history.
    I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this
    century. I didn't live in this century."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/15/95

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and
    democracy - but that could change."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and
    that one word is 'to be prepared'."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 12/6/93

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments
    in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the
    world."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/21/97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions
    and have a tremendous impact on history."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a
    firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to reporters

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going
    to the polls."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr

"When I have been asked who caused the
    riots and the killing in LA,my answer has been direct & simple:
    Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame.
    Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.
    ....George W. Bush, Jr.

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our
    children."
    ....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/18/95

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you
    on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the
    impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
    How come that this goofball was on the election list ?

Cheese,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Agreed, but worse:

How come people vote for this goofball?
    In case it's a harware problem:
    PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
    Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

Personally, I take offense to the implication that because Governor Bush has been known to commit malapropisms or otherwise mangle the enlgish language on occasion, that he is somehow unfit to do his job.
      I happen to be mildly dyslexic, I tend to mangle the english language fairly regularly, heck, you should see the number of mistakes I am having to correct right now. The point though, is does that somehow make me unfit or unable to do my job? I don't think so.
      Whether Governor Bush is dyslexic or not, I don't know. But just becuase he tends to goof up what he is saying occasionaly does not mean he is somehow incapable of being a leader for this country.

Ian
      Primary System:
      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
      Seccondary System:
      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
      Tertiary system
      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

To be fair, the quote: "The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history.
        I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." is attributed to Dan Quayle.

Comment

Kindness,
          Maybe if you add so many half truths that
          a person with a job doesn't have time to
          answer them all you will win the argument by
          default.
          Anyone here with time can look up the
          internet thing & judge for you're self.
          The Right has gotten very good at setting up
          half truths as straw men to knock down.

chuck

Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

The Right has gotten very good at setting up half truths as straw men to knock down.

And the left has gotten very good at nitpicking about stupid little things like mis-speaking.

Did you read my little rant above? I'm far more concerned with statements that may or may not be lies than I am with statements that are obviously just someone getting toungue tied.

Ian
            Primary System:
            MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
            120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
            Seccondary System:
            Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
            Tertiary system
            Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
            Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Hedspez

Doesn't dyslexia have to do with the correct spelling of words, and problems with grammar?
              I think dyslexia has nothing to do with making sentences that mostly contradict or that are just dumb.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

No grammar or spelling faults in here...
              That's not dyslectia, that's just not being able to think an speak at the same time.
              If someone can't do this, I think he's not suited for being a president of the USA.

[This message has been edited by FaRaN (edited 15 November 2000).]
              In case it's a harware problem:
              PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
              Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

What dyslexia is or is not was not really the point. The point is, that bashing Governor Bush simply because he has mangled and will probably continue to manlge the Enlglish language, is is absurd. In several of the more publicized clips of him makeing strange statements he has very quickly realized that he goofed and proceeded to correct the statement. He obviously knows what he is talking about, he has a problem articulateing well 100% of the time.

In every case that I know of when Governor Bush has made a malaprop or otherwise unusual statement, he has corrected himself or admitted that he was wrong in his statement. Meanwhile, VP Gore has on numerous occasions tried to justify or make corrections to false statements that he has made. He has very rarely flat out admitted that he was wrong when he spoke.

One of the ways that dyslexia can and does manifest itself, particularly in the exceptionally intelligent, is to not finish speaking a though before moving on to the next thought. I regularly merge seperate thoughts into single sentances when I am speaking. I even do it occasionaly when I am writing/typeing.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

First of all, I believe that that is actually a Dan Quayle quote.

No grammar or spelling faults in here...
                That's not dyslectia, that's just not being able to think an speak at the same time.

Whether or not it is dyslexia is irrelevant. It is not however a case of not being able to think and speak at the same time. What it is, is someone who is thinking faster than they are they are speaking. I have never seen any evidence that Governor Bush is not an intelligent man, merely that he is not the most articulate speaker in the world.
                Primary System:
                Seccondary System:
                Tertiary system

Comment

...particularly in the exceptionally intelligent, is to not finish speaking a though before moving on...

I must say...
                  Did you know that I work with polititians all the t...
                  Oracle has a very strong dat...
                  My hobbie is playing quake at....
                  ...I agree
                  chuck
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Sounds more like narcolepsy.

Comment

Could be.
                      I'm at work waiting for an SQL script to finish.
                      zzzzz.......
                      chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Now please someone waste the time to compile all the bullshit Bush has said in his lifetime. Then we'll have an accurate comparison of the two. My take on the politicians in general is that they all lie, and can't be trusted to bait a hook.

Gore? Bush? just say no

Comment

I think I got it. Bush just speaks and behaves like if he was stupid but inside him he isn't stupid... Oh.

So, do you think is it better to look stupid or be stupid?

Why?

Imagine that you are stupid, so you don't care about it. But what if you only looked stupid and knew about it?!

That would be complete hell!

Yep, such life would be a misery.

Do I look stupid?

You mean like like the Backstreet boys, all dressed up in their shiny robot costumes, singing and thinking they are super cool, but they aren't? Nah...

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I do not remember more, but that episode of Spy Groove was really funny.

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

maybe the reason why we on this side of the pond don't understand why someone would vote for Bush:

A lot of people in the US call Gore a left-wing idiot...

to our standard, he is ultra-conservative. To make this even more clear: the party ni our goverment that we consider very right-wing (called the 'VVD'), would be called communist according to the standards you judge the democrats as a left-wing party. I better not talk about our left-wing parties here, before you think we live in Russia or something

I hope you now see why we look so different at the elections in the US. Gore simply is the one with the ideas that come closest to our average political party (but not even close, because our average is way to the left).

Comment

A thought.

The Gore thing about the Internet... people have said over and over that he didn't really say that, or that he didn't really mean that. In fact, he said he "took the initiative in creating the Internet". He didn't claim to invent it.

I don't care what he claimed. He neither "created" nor "invented" the Internet. Even if he meant (as has been claimed by his supporters) that he created the "public perception" of the Internet - he's still LYING.

Nobody in our congress has done anything except BUTCHER the Internet, except possibly Newt Gingrich (and Lord only knows he's not the best character in the world, but at least he's net savvy).

In fact, congress proposed legislation for speed limits on the "information superhighway". That's how out of touch they are.

Gore can't even check his own e-mail, nevermind "create", "invent" or even contribute to the Internet.

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X