Bye bye Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye Matrox

Sorry guys, but I just couldn't take AGP 1x win 2000 troubles and low speed anymore so my G400 DH is now somewhere else, and I love my new Geforce 2MX golden sample Twinview 200/190Mhz 3DMark 4655 in win2000. And the price is the best thing of it all!!!
    Joe Lianes

(Jord, try to be nice to him, as you just woke up, okay? - internal voice)

Have fun with your new card, bye bye, not see ya and now shove it.

Jordâ„¢

Comment

I do hate following Jord around like I'm his girl-toy or something , but I thought I'd better get in before this thread gets locked as it should be .

jlianes, goodbye and good luck. I'm sure that your many helpful contributions to this forum will be sorely missed. (Yeah, yeah, I know, you'd been lurking for <u>years</u> before you posted, blah blah blah...)

Now that that's done, can anyone tell me why on earth people can't just leave, without making this pathetic attempt to shove their "new-and-improved" buying decision down our throats??

Now, somebody call the cops, already!!!

-----------------------------
      Holly

Comment

Bye bye jlianes...whoopee! Thanks for letting us know about this, no really

However, may I just say...nah, I won't bother

Spot on Holly!

Paul.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

jlianes,

So how's the TwinView thing working in Win2000?

Comment

Originally posted by jlianes:
            [B]so my G400 DH is now somewhere else
            Well at least you made someone happy! Good luck with your new G-Fart! Notice the crisp vibrant colour rendering and fast *cough* *cough* 32 bit *cough* prerformance with almost no performance (LOL) decrease over (ROFL) *cough* 16bit! And don't forget to check out that sharp 60Hz resolution on your second monitor! What a looser!

------------------
            Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Why leave the forum? I currently have a Geforce 2 GTS and my G400 is gathering dust in a drawer. I still come here though.
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

DosFreak,

That's 'cuz you're not a LOSER.

Notice that jill-pains has a total of 12 posts to his name. Friggin newbies that come in and tell us how they're getting some other piece of shit card.

*sigh*

- Gurm

Edit: I've been trying to decide why these people post with their pathetic "guess what I ditched my G400 for!" posts. I've come up with several possibilities:

1. They honestly think that we'll praise their decision, and hail them as great.

2. They honestly think that someone else, equally sick of their G400, will ask them probing intelligent questions about their choice, and thus also make an intelligent choice.

3. They are flamer trolls who were just looking for an opportunity.

I think it's 3.

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 19 November 2000).]
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Anyone getting a nVidia card just because it is faster in benchmarks should read this.

www.matrox.com/mga/media_center/utilities/gdi_bypassing.cfm

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel, That´s a good one.

HAHAHA!!

Comment

I think a lot of people here need to do a reality check. We're talking about graphics cards here, and back out in the real world you're choice of card really doesn't matter that much.
                      I have a G400 in my main machine and I love the thing, but after playing Q3 on my mates Geforce 2 I was a little disappointed with the way it played on my machine. If I turn the graphics options up far enough using my g400 to be noticeably better looking than the Geforce, the speed drop would be enough for me to get railed before before I could take aim (these guys are pretty good). Great image quality in my old games is great, however that doesn't help me play Q3. As for comments about the speed drop between 32 bit and 16 bit, I hate to say it guys but speed wise, the geforce kicks the g400s butt at any colour depth, so it hardly matters (if anyone has a problem with this statement, I'll take them on in Q3 if they turn everything up at 1024x768). Now, I'm not getting rid of my g400 until the g800 comes out (if I live that long), but I am thinking about getting a geforce2 mx for one of my other systems to play games on. I love the feature of my g400 (use dual monitor for audio production work), but I'm not gunna play at a disadvantage because of my loyalty to matrox.

Comment

I also end up in the same position when I play games with my friends. But I wont get another card until the G800 comes out.

Comment

And how exactly does this patching works? Why does it only affect benchmark programs and not normal apps? ...confused...
                          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

drumphil we are talking Matrox in this forum!!!! Not NvIDIOT G-Fart! This should have been posted in the Soap Box not in the Matrox Hardware forum! Now go away and good luck with your new card!

------------------
                            Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

Don't get even — get odd!
                            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

It's amazing how people will blame their ability to suck in a game on a video card.

Hey Kruzzzinnn!!!!

Joel
                              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X