DVDit (looking for information)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDit (looking for information)

Has anyone tried using this program yet? If so what do you think of it. It is an easy way to create miniDVD's?

Hey,

I don't have any experience with DVDIt! but looking at the website it looks like it can easily allow creation of CD-Rs with DVD content directly writing to the CD-R for you: <a href="http://www.dvdit.com/faq_support/cdcontent.html">http://www.dvdit.com/faq_support/cdcontent.html</a>.

DD

Comment

Yes, it looks good. They say that they are going to come out with a demo, but it will be crippled so as not to be able to write out to the media (CDR or DVDR). It would be much nicer to limit the size of the project or something with the demo since this option is exactly what I wish to see before I plunk down my change.

Comment

I've been using DVDit! for a few weeks now. It's pretty good, especially conpared to the alternatives.

DVDit! uses a drag & drop interface for applying backgrounds, navigation buttons and content to the menu system so it's pretty easy to use.

You can use all your installed fonts in whatever color you want. You can use either the canned or your own backgrounds and navigation images. There is a pretty good selection in the canned library so you can get up and running pretty quick.

Once you set it up and tell it to create a DVD it's off and running and totally automatic, unlike some other DVD creation software I could mention.

DVDit! can create DVD's OR miniDVD's (DVD content on CD-R's burned in normal CD writers).

miniDVD is pretty new so, unfortunately, the miniDVD's likely will not play in current home theater DVD players as most aren't yet miniDVD compatable. Upcoming players will likely have this feature. miniDVD's DO play nicely on computer DVD players however.

Two minor "weaknesses":

1. It's MPEG-2 transcoder is a bit slow if scaling is involved. I usually convert my content to DVD compliant MPEG-2 by other means (MSP6 & another means that will go unmentioned for now (G)) and then add it to the DVDit! project.

2. You have to copy the content files to the a working directory IN the DVDit! install directory. This means installing DVDit! on your video drive and not your boot drive. A minor, and silly, inconvenience more than anything else.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 21 February 2000).]

Comment

Any way I can get a small ISO of a miniDVD made with DVDit? I would like to burn and try this on my Sony 7000 dvd player. The 7000 & 7700 will do VCD's with CDR media.

Comment

Working...
          X