Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An anime with a EXCELLENT ending!!! The world is coming to an end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An anime with a EXCELLENT ending!!! The world is coming to an end...

I just finished watching the last DVD of Cowboy Bebop last night, and OH...MY... I have seen hundreds of anime in my day, but NOTHING compares to that ending.

You know what's going to happen, you really don't want it to happen, but when all is said and done...all you can do is stare at the TV and say, "WOW!" Just that last DVD made the entire purchase worth it...

ANYBODY WHO LIKES ANIME (or can just barely tolerate it) YOU MUST SEE COWBOY BEBOP!!! If you haven't seen the series, I suggest getting it...right now!

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

I always wondered why Cowboy Bebop was the number one selling anime in Japan in 1998, and now I know why!

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Got any links/screenshots?
    In case it's a harware problem:
    PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
    Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

The DVD Express page has reviews from people that have seen it. YOu can also order the series from these guys, but I think they're out of session 6.

For web sites about Bebop go to The Anime Turnpike. That's were most people list their sites. I'm at work so I don't have any specific links.

The animation though is top notch. The only place you will ever see better animation is in animated movies. TV/OAV's don't look any better than this.

You can also check out EX Magazine. They are an online anime mag. Search for Cowboy Bebop and they will provide links, screenshots and reviews.

Jammrock

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 16 November 2000).]

Comment

I used to watch every anime my VideoRental offered. But now I grew over it and only am interested in top-quality anime like Ghost In The Shell and Akira.
        That's why

I could see a good anime right now, it's been a long time.

Thnx for the info/links !!!
        I'll take a look at it.

Comment

If you're looking for top notch anime only, like Ghost and Akira, look into these:

Cowboy Bebop - Awesome beyond belief! I'm still in system shock from the finale.

Trigun - Starts off silly, but turns into a butt kicking anime quickly. The animation is second only to Bebop. Read the article at Ex.org before diving into it so you don't get lost.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - If you like twisted, confusing, messed up, demented stories that involve large combat robots, then look no further. Animation is great, too. The movies have awesome animation, but don't expect to see those until mid/late next year.

Got to go run some trouble tickets, I'll suggest more if you want FaRan.

Jammrock

Comment

Ok, followed your links, but this is session 6? should I watch the previous ones first or just jump right in?
            Hmm first see if my rentalshop delivers them. But I'm always in for some good suggestions. I like a GOOD anime once in a while..

Speaking of:
            Anybody seen the Final Fantasy trailer yet? It blows my mind! And I've seen alot!
            http://www.apple.com/trailers/columbia/final_fantasy/

Again THANKS for the suggestions!
            First see if you are up to my standards

EDIT: No I don't use Apple, don't worry
            Actually I do, but I prefer W2k

[This message has been edited by FaRaN (edited 16 November 2000).]

Comment

My only problem with Akira was the ending... And every one i've seen since then suffers the same fate (plus some parts lose something in the translation im sure). If this is any good i think i'll have to give it a look. Maybe i can get it at blockbuster? My local one has a good rental selection.

/me posting while waiting for other machine to update UT

Comment

FaRaN,

Don't start Bebop from DVD Session 6, start from the beginning. You will be very lost if you don't. It's how they casually build up to the last 2 episodes that makes the ending so explosive. And I promise you will not be disappointed in CB. To date I have not seen a better OAV/TV anime in my life, and I have watched a lot of anime.

Something else you will be interested in is Spriggan. It's made by the same people who did Akira and Ghost. It looks like a cross between Akira, Indiana Jones and a Schwartzenhager flick. It will be released sometime next year. Check it out!

Jammrock

EDIT: BTW, Akira is being digitally remastered, both audio and video, by Pioneer. It will be re-released next year. Rumor has it that the DVD version will be a widescreen anamorphic transfer in Dolby Digital 5.1 (both English and Japanese tracks). The dubs and translations are being completely redone. Basically they are finally giving Akira the treatment is deserves.

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 17 November 2000).]

Comment

I've got the original version with english subtitles. Much much better than those fake american voiceovers. BAH. Maybe that helps.
                  What wrong with the ending? I like non-hollywood endings on an anime.

Comment

Working...
                  X