Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Quotes from MURC

Ok, here it is .....

This is something that Rags and I started back in the G200 days. I just did a quick update..........ENJOY..........

************INFAMOUS MURC QUOTES*************

Been trying to find a CD-cover on my messy desk for the past 10 minutes, while it was on my chair... hmmmm....

I didn't realize I was giving these knuckleheads (bless their hearts ) a chance at an easy dogpile.

I turn all Power Management off, cause it's just a PITA. When you walk away from your computer just turn the monitor off.. that's my power management.

Last year, my age and the year of my birth (the two-digit form) had the same numbers

DJROBERTS IS FULL OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like such an old fart

Being a facedancer I have no specific profile.

i'm not perky, but i'd like to be...

I'd be grateful for any confirmation of the order situation, as it would play havoc with my company's accounting (I'm an indie consultant)!

You know whats werid about this whole thing is that 9/9/99 is one of Y2K dates that you dont hear about often. the number 999 is a termanting code for certain programs from what I understand. What i don't understand is why would the G400, would be shipping late

You shouldn't even be using 5.13 because of the problems people are having with it and it's not WHQL certified and you don't need it because you have a V2 card.

Does the RR-G for G400 have a TV-In or do I need to buy another add-on card?

I'm not taking it out on you guys. Matrox reads these posts. They list this website on the official website. Maybe someone who works for Matrox will see my pain. Where did you "Forum" guys come in?!?! Who are you "guys" anyways!?!?! I don't give a rats ass about you guys I just want to say to the millions of people on the internet that Matrox rips!!!

Boot.

Boot?

i say boot too.

Heheh - I deal with IBM daily...
    The fact that Karl works there explains a few things to me

Guys guys guys,
    In the words of my girlfriend--"Too damn premature!!!"

Ya,Ok, but you never have to worry about us being late.....LOL

Unscrupulous companies will gladly take your money now for products way down the pike.

Have you tried sprinkling the ashes of a sacraficial TnT around your computer, and doing a ritual dance?

I want my MAX, I want my MAX, I want my MAX

i wANT my 5th grade toy now!
    i want it MAXimally. dun toyo withme..

i am a jerk

Anyone know where I can get some chickens real cheap...Heheh

G400 MAX delayed to 9/9 for retailers?Is that TRUE???I hear a TNT 2 Ultra calling...

cpu p2 350 heatsink w/fan and sink compound--->(that would be caulk, right?)

There can be just ONE final ICD, otherwise it's not a/the final one. And it still is just an ICD for games, not a full one.

depends on what the meaning of the word is is

It doesn't matter as the world is going to end on July 4th according to Nostradamus.

Aah, shucks! And I just paid back my loans... nuts!

And on September 13th the moon is going to blow out of Earths orbit, to fly around the galaxy.

General Strike?! Who the hell is General Strike?!

If some of you think the drivers are of such poor quality then why don't you quit whining and write your own. The information is all out there and I believe you can even get the MS Device Driver Kit for free from their webpage now.

I counted 11 advertising banners on his frontpage the other day, thats just taking the piss.

Let me guess:
    None of the 11 ads were showing Matrox ... right ?
    And, yes ... get your filthy mouth cleaned for using such a rude vocabulary

Kruzin made me go there, it's his favourite site.

Is this the biggest waste of time in the modern world to be slamming Tomshardware?

I hearty F**K YOU to Matrox for this one, all over a 10-cent connector

I wonder if this issue is what caused the clipping I noticed on the purple effect that was surrounding the target in Q3 posted on this board? If so, I guess it would be fixed with a simple driver update to enable the 32bit Z Buffer.

Clipping? Purple effect? That was the residue of a shot from the rail gun, I don't think id would like you calling their effects a driver problem

You are correct Kruzin, it's Z position is behind that large block, there is no clipping. In fact, it does it rather well.

High in the lower G400s, 20% chance of ICD here. eheh

Beautiful, just beautiful, brings a tear to my eyes, I haven't been on for a while and everyone is still being civilised, it's just damn wonderful!!

Hey, this is cool, sure beats all the negative waves that were rampant this past week. Oh YUK !! Phil, what IS that STUFF on your hands??? Never mind, we really don't want to know.

Yes I have heard of Expendable, I have the demo. What about it?

Matrox Geomatry Addon?

Yippee! Guess what the UPS guy just dropped off =)

I've just had a possible brain-wave... This shouldn't break anything, but I cannot guarantee it. Probably wont work either, but it's worth a shot.

Hmm.. Getting confused..
    Memory linked to resources, resources linked to slot IRQs, memory should be used to store apps with their working data - virtual memory suddenly comes..
    Hmm.. How are they related?

I am slowly perfecting that dual agp slot design on paper.. hoping to test it out soon.. how are you coming with your end of the secret project. Oh and the special freezer refit works pretty good too.

BTW Joel you weren't that sarcastic a few months ago, too much of Kruzin around maybe...
    Just my opinion

No, it comes from having to deal with ppl like djroberts all the time.

I think I read some where that the TNT2 is realy a piece of lunch meat with foil crimped on one side. Really!

Ya, I read that somewhere too, Pimento Loaf(Yuk) wasn't that what they said, somewhere.

Now can we all please get along before I get my size 11 Doc Martens out again and start pushing my weight around

You know I was just playing Quake 2 at 1600x1200 with 38fps on the G400 and thinking to myself, this is hideously bad.

It's a good thing you guys can't hear me sing...LOL

Some G400s are only AGP 2X??

I think I might have gotten one of those shady OEM/boxed deals

Hey Orangejuice,
    No I'm Kruzin, agent, Maggi, SteveC and Joel and on and on.

Say again, where did you get that fine looking tablecloth, it's a must-have item for all Matroxaholics...

Good job Pauly... Sure hope with that helicopter on your card, that you screwed down your PC really good on your desk!!

....Good luck with that "disco" fan heheh

ok its startin to happen. my nice new 300.00 cue stick camein.

Yes, I am serious and don't call me Shirley

Damn LAMFDTK, you swiped my trout

We'll have beer,beer and more beer. For the vegetarians we can get even more beer

BTW, Jorden, did I ever mention that my ambition is to be Dutch? Yeah, I'm still looking for a leg up but it's true, really!

And we on the MATROX USER forums care because why....?

Don't you find this ironic, that we Canadians get shafted by a company located in our counrty?

I'm still looking for the *un*important part of your life that you get to keep...

Those 27 year-old mountains must be a little hard to find - or are you a volcanic biker? Hehehehe

Does the Matrox Store offer a senior discount????

Darn, where's my reading glasses!!!

You shouldn't have left them on your messy desk.

Thanks Hunsow, I found em.

Some rose petals around our posts would be nice

50 going on 25 and getting older every minute waiting for my new Max.

Damn, it will be a re-born for me...!!! Like a dream with a beautiful MAX!

Just started playing with it when I was informed the it was my turn to cook! What bull***t!

thats an idea i think i will have 2 oe 3 and a few shots oh well im going to get plastard cuase im bored too

**Kruzin cautiously passes Joel an asbestos suit, then runs for cover**

My computer (the one I love, a PII-400) is sleeping for 2 months

Whew...just stuck my head up out my cubicle and a Stinger missile flew right by.

kosh is the one that said to roll your own drivers

I don't get a hard... Oh now I get it.

When you guys start posting with emotions, what's that from? Sheer stupidity or lack of sex?

I'm just not that -uhm - what's a good word here guys and gals? - Stupide? Ignorant? Suffering from an Information Deficiency? Running a Chernobyl sized reactor with #2 fishing line weights as my control rods?

i have access to a t3 connection to the net and all i do all day is sit here reading fourms. and i get paid to do it.

I wonder if these people were experiments for test tube babies or just part of some experiment that went bad

Damn users, eh? If only they didn't exist..... bliss!

Installing a G400 while smoking crack...

Duh "Beautiful graphics up to 1024x768" yeah, right, how come I get up to 2058x1536 then?
    And "Dualhead allows multimon etc" um, I think. Don't understand what a dualhead is, but it's probably cool."Cool driver setup" Now talk about descriptive!! Just like "mapping is tres cool". Hmmm, I'm 5 years old and don't know what I'm doing, but I have to sound 'kewl' anyway

What's that thing in your hand? Did you find it in your wife's closet?

When you chunk that LX board, make sure you get yourself the finest board out there bar-none-->the PCChips board.

Like I said in another post, I just swear anyways. Swear, Swear, Swear, Swear! PCChips...isn't that a new brand of Doritos?

Oh Brain Fart, you need the special Nvidia asbestos suit about now

Cool! I've been promoted to hardware geek!

Good heavens, Matt...do I want to ask what you were *before* (if this is a promotion)?

Basically, Those scores arent too impressive.
    And with an Ultra TNT2 you should be getting much better scores then that. Something is ****ed in your computer

Whats this I cant say **** on the forums ?

ahh ****

When did that happen? I thought you could say **** here.

Wombat,How come you can say **** and we can't? wEIrD

hehehe ****in selective censoring what the **** that sucks shit

****, don't know

_F U C K_ so much for freedom of speech!

I think we are all just ****ed up here, except for Wombat. He is the only one that can say ****! He didn't even edit the message, kinda weird still.

F U C K , Wombat, howcum you can say **** here, and I can't?

To **** or not to **** is not a gaming issue, so why bother.

I'm the moderator - I don't know who'd allowed to say **** either!

Should I close this thread btw?

What do you want to bet this entire thread makes it into the next "Best Of" post?

BTW, the Viper V770 I replaced the G400 with worked flawlessly on the same system, so it's not my system

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, I've just come to a conclusion that the IQ of the general public has really dropped a few notches.

I wonder if these people were experiments for test tube babies or just part of some experiment that went bad

Matrox may be screwy in that its marketers and it engineers aren't on the same page (I think Dilbert works there), but they make good products.

Lamb****er is just upset that he was not asked to be a beta tester himself.

Its the Cult of Matrox that is fascinating it just as bad as APPLE.

Preach it, Father Joel
    Hallelujah! Matrox is risen! In the name of the RamDAC, SDRAM, and Holy Processor. Amen.

perhaps you should ask Tanya if she will send you some pics of her (e.g. posing at the beach).

If you had a real brain instead of a plastic one, you would have ordered direct from Matrox,

I fart in your general direction!

Cool - Now I've got to go put on some Gold Bond powder where my asbestos suit chaffed my nads.... He-He

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am, but, have they just said that 32bit isn't needed and it slows everything down, but they did it anyway, but they're still fast, but end up at 16bit? Um, talk about contradictions!

The Clinton Administration taught the world!

Darn Matt, these asbestos suits are itchy, pass me the GoldBond powder, will ya....

Yeah, my balls are itching right now.

Ok Matt, I just hit submit. Now run like HELL!!!

God, I love the smell of silicon in the morning.

P.S. Does anybody know were I can buy a brown thingy to replace the one I broke.

People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

if you "chip off" a peace of your brain, some bodily functions may not be the same.

Rubank not always true theres a lot of Poeple out there who could take whole chunks away and it wouldn't there bodily functions.

Would my spelling improve if I took a chunk of brain off trying it oh

Why don't you stick a heatsink and a fan on your smokin' fingers man?

"Oh no, I'm going to have to choose a major so I can graduate college with something other than a degree in
    'lazyness' and 'complete lack of UT skills' ....

"Oh NO!!! People are going to know me as "that guy that started that weird pee thread" !!

BTW, I feel better, not colder after I do my business.... just for the record....

Some of you may remember my mishap with FedEx and a G400 I had ordered throuh my local supplier....they had
    lost the first one, the last one they shipped me looked like the driver's fat wife made whoopee on it

A "full halo" coronal mass ejection

Ya!! I had one of those the other night!!

Oh Boy!!! Free Beer on IRQ 11!!!...Heheheheh

No Jorden, that's NOT what I'm thinking about!!!! When playing UT and you kill someone who has that stupid
    skull relic (forgot the name), do you physically try and duck behind your desk and twist in weird ways??? Or is it
    just me.... I think I need some updated drivers neuro drivers.... My parents have been a little late in producing
    the new ones lately...

not to be an ass, but how do i get a butt-crack smiley?

We talking about how to feed a Masturbated Fish !

lol! How did the fish get masturbated without hands? So if he was already masturbated, I want to know(or maybe
    not) who helped the fish get masturbated?

Why do liberals seem always to stridently claim that conservatives are "stupid"? George W. Bush is not stupid,
    thank you very much. Nor are "all southerners" or "all Texans" for that matter.

Jepp I'm kind of embaressed about it! It was taken when I wached Queens of ANAL pt. XVI at school!

Now we know where you stand on this subject...

Hehehehehe
    ROTFLMAO
    This is too f**kin' funny man

That's not a problem...It's a feature

was it like charmin? Did it leave dingle berries? or was it like sandpaper and left you with the feeling you
    would have been better to have used leaves

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

OMG - I think one of those was mine!!!

When's the "Guess who said what" contest going to start?

Guyver

[This message has been edited by Guyver (edited 12 November 2000).]
    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
    - 6.1 Digital Audio
    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
    - LS120 IDE Floppy
    - Zip 100 IDE
    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
    - NEC FE950
    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

this is great Glad you guys posted this. Brings back old memories...<sniff>

You got some pretty recent ones in there. Such as something I posted TODAY! A couple of hours ago even.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

sweet, i made it into the quotes list!

b
        Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Wish I'd said something more memorable, Paul.. but thanks for including me anyway

------------------
          Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

MY word, some of those go WWWAAYYYYYY back!! There's some of mine there from when I was just a pup (hey! I still am compared to some here, not mentioning any names...)

There's a few more tho (all from one thread!):

[ After my high quality picture describing ICS in http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002625.html ]

---
            So that's what the internet looks like. LOL
            Other people always ask me what the internet is, now I have a picture to show them.
            ---
            Steves' pic.....my eyes, my eyes,......ooouch....LOL
            ---
            Well before you realise what you just said and how many errors are in it I copied it. Go ahead and edit, I have the original.
            ---
            and:
            ---
            Remember: I AM A LEMON!
            ---
            (Sorry Paddy!)

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

LOL

Oboy
              Time to make the wafers!
              Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
              jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?!
                In case it's a harware problem:
                PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
                Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

Cool! Great to see that brought back from the mists of time (and servers )!!!

Thanks, Pauly!!

Comment

Here's one I've always remembered for some reason. It was from the time we were waiting for the MAX. I believe it was Sir Hitec who said this.

"Hey..did that brown UPS truck just pass my office? I better go chase it down. My max might be in that truck!"

Comment

WOW, I made it here too
                      thanks SteveC....ah memories...=P

-Dil
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

bump
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

hehehe
                          Right, back from work. Fed and satisfied the wife... now i've got five hours to my self... just gonna have a poo and we're all set
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Rats, I didn't make it on the list...
                            Oh well...

But a great list of quotes nonetheless!

There is a quite I also find humorous (don't know how said it though):
                            "Captain, I'm not part of Matrox"

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

This one's also a classic!

Right, back from work. Fed and satisfied the wife... now i've got five hours to my self... just gonna have a poo and we're all set
                              Hihi, good one there paddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X