X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE is Evillllllll

We all knew it was true, but now we have proof

- You have been warned
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

gosh, that thread flamed itself!!!lol

Comment

ROTFLMAO! I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm just glad that I don't have ie4 installed on my w9x computer!

Comment

Err... and exactly which browser is better? We've been over this before - don't say Netscape.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I knew there would be something in there for Jim

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

<font size=4>Oh No!</font> Your link is broken Jord. <font size=4>Dont Click</font> anyone.
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

At least Netscape dosn't close all of your browser windows when one dies!

Comment

People like this Nathan Lineback character make me sad. Sad because these people take as their mission for life to flame Microsoft and their products, yet provide with no solutions to the problems they see. You can read Nathan's rants, but is there one solution offered? No.
                And why? Because there is no solution! What is to be done in a situation where one company dominates the market and no competitors are present to offer as good of a product? Should this company be forced down, so the market would have to wait for around five years for a similar product to come out from a different company? What do these flamers want!?

:
                B

Comment

This is all I haft to say.

Jammrock

------------------
                  Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 22 September 2000).]
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Quite right!

I hereby withdraw my apology
                    - besides this is my thread!

Comment

As the saying goes, "Nothing in life is so good that you can't 'complain' about it". (Editorial note--this quote has been sanitized for Joel's sensitive eyes).
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

IE 4.0 was terrible. A complete nightmare.
                        IE 5.0 is very nice. Very stable, at least under win2k. Fast, also.
                        IE 5.5 is buggy and messes up with win2k dial-up networking.

So, the point is: IE 5.0 is good. Use it. It´s much better than any bloated buggy crap Netscape has released in ages.

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 22 September 2000).]

Comment

IE 5.5 beta was better than IE 5.0 and 5.5.
                          MediaPlayer 7 beta was better than MP 7.
                          Hope it doesn't become a habbit.

(Edit: Or was it beta 5.1 ? anyway the beta before IE 5.5)

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 22 September 2000).]

Comment

Ahem:

Sorry.

Comment

IE only closes all the windows when one dies if you have been foolish enough to uncheck the "run each window in its own process" box.

- Gurm

P.S. And you know what? While I'm at it, I'd like to say that I'm really getting pissed off with people "picking on Microsoft". Yeah, their business practices SUCK. But you know what? Their software runs - a whole lot better than anyone else's software. Their browser is BETTER. Their Office suite is BETTER. Their OS's... well, that's got to do with their business practices, right? Well did any of you ever RUN OS/2? DID YOU? Urk!

And have you seen MacOS lately?

I'm not talking about Linux. Linux and Windows aren't really competing, no matter what the Linux geeks tell you. Casual users will never use Linux (at least not in this lifetime) and prejudiced geeks who would rather learn sed and awk than actually get work done will never use Windows.

So in comparison to the other commonly available "average-joe" OS's, Windows is BETTER.

So why pick on MS? Because it's a monopoly? Who cares, so long as they give us good software? Not I.

------------------
                              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 23 September 2000).]
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X