Media Player 7 retired (for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Player 7 retired (for now)

Seems that I had a bunch of devices using one irq last Windows install, that is what was causing the stuttering when avoiding MP7 using the included mplayer2.exe. Works fine now.

PS. Dropped SETI in favour of RC5, better at heating up the cpu, has specific processor support.

"Upgraded" Win98se to Me last night (was bored) No problems so far. Also installed ATi's beta drivers for win2k. It 5uxX0r5, shall remove it after one last try to make it work.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I worked on a computer the weekend for someone, had to reinstall SE for him and find drivers for devices ranging from wooden wheels to the space shuttle, every slot filled of course, ancient motherboard, VP3 based, not even MVP3, just VP3, ancient AT finger scratching tower, this mixed with a hard drive I wouldn't be ashamed to own and an expensive scsi controller for the sake of a used 1X scsi burner, just nuts. I'm sure a new motherboard would triple his system speed, but he wants to "wait". I ran it through 3dmark2K and it got a 450. Anyway, I was reminded again of how retarded the SE networking wizard is, I mean what's with all the modem crap, whatever happened to selecting "my computer is already configured for the internet, screw you"?

Comment

Working...
      X