Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD!!! Transformers: The Movie (The Original!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD!!! Transformers: The Movie (The Original!!)

<a href="http://www.us.buy.com/retail/videos/product.asp?sku=40143308&loc=13564" target="_blank">@Buy.com</a>!!!

I can't wait to see Unicron, Megatron, Rodimus Prime (the transformation from Hot Rod to Prime, oy, goose bumps), Optimus Prime's death (one of them rare moments in an animation that actually brought tears to my eyes years ago ), and the rest of the bots.

{I wonder how long this thread will stay before it gets whacked or falls into obsolescence....}

JamesA
    <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

not too long me thinks!!

Comment

Film rocks. Although it has been out for a couple of months, why have buy.com only just got it now?

Ah well, let the thread drift into obscurity.

Uberlad

------------------
      -------------------------
      8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
      5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

TRANSFORMERS!!!

I love that movie! The VHS has been out for a while, but it's the censored version. The DVD won't be out until next Tuesday (7 Nov). I talked to a salesman and they say there is going to be a shortage of discs, because the pre-orders are exceeding the copies available in most stores nationwide.

Impressive

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Censored being:

"Oh no! It isn't even dented" ?

As oposed to:

"Oh shit! it isn't even dented" ?

Got the uncensored if so. From some canadians at www.dv-depot.com. 8-)

Uberlad

------------------

Comment

That didn't even really belong in the movie. It was only even put in there so the movie wouldn't have a G rating.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I agree, although it ws amusing / shocking to hear the first time, considering I"ve only ever seen the censored video before I got the DVD.

Although no doubt the CAP reports (www.capalert.com/capreports/) would have denounced it as evil whatever the soundtrack said.

Uberlad

------------------

Comment

Also, the censored version has altered opening credits where instead of the cool soundtrack and whatnot we get some queer voice-over telling us that Optimus Prime doesn't REALLY die, that he comes back after the movie ends, and not to be sad.

- Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Ok, I loved Transformers too. But lost track of them years ago. So here goes:

Is this a totally new animated movie? Or is it an orignal from the series put on DVD?

And how can a childrens animation be sensored? Transformers don't bleed or have sex do they? DO they? Have I missed something?
                  Or do they go: "WTF Megatron, you Motherf**ker! I'm gonna assrape you know! You Childbasher! Take that Goatf**ker!"
                  If so I HAVE to see it!

Probably gonna revive my Transformers obsession now.

----------------
                  I didn't want to offend anyone, I just felt like it in a funny situation.
                  In case it's a harware problem:
                  PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
                  Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

Faran,

It's an original, comes between the half of the series set on Earth and the half of the series set on... err... ok, the name of their planet escapes me right now.

Anyway, it contains the death of Optimus Prime as well as some other fun stuff, and cool music, and substantially better animation than the series.

And as far as censorship, it's two things:

1. Spike no longer gets to say sh*t in the censored version.
                    2. Children were frightened by Optimus' death, and a voiceover was added telling us he comes back.

Both are stupid changes.

- Gurm

------------------
                    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

The planet is Cybertron.

Dammit, I knew that before I even got the movie. Why can't I remember useful things?

Uberlad

------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X