a good back up program that does...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good back up program that does...?

First why dont you just run a batch file to copy the contents of the folder you are saving to where you want your backup.

Second you could use hardware mirroring to guarantee a copy of everything in case a hard drive poops out.

Third I have heard of "ghosting" but I dont know if it is an active solution or if it is used as on-demand to copy info.

good luck
    -Dil
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

a good back up program that does...?

live backup? I would like it to work like this

..i point a folder(or file) and point a path to backup the folder(or file) then everytime the folder (or file) changes it would also update the backup folder w/ the new information

what software am i lookin for?

thx in advance guys

Comment

or use win nt/win2000 and setup file replication where it replicates it to a different server. or there are soem third party products to do the fiel replication to a different server. a 3rd party product was recently (the week of oct 30)reviewed in either information week or network computing i can not rember which....both of the mags are published by cmp and are also online.....

Comment

Why don't you use a raid (level 1)setup?

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
        X