Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe the G800 really is around the corner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the G800 really is around the corner?

I was doing some window browsing at Matrox's shop at http://shop.matrox.com/usa/products/catalogue.asp and I noticed something very peculiar: nearly all of their graphics cards are out of stock! Maybe I am a bit too much of a conspiracy theorist, but perhaps they are gearing up for a big G800 rollout in the near future. Comdex is just a few weeks away, which has been rumoured as when the big M will announce the G800. Hmmm...

No, I am not paranoid; they really are out to get me.

did you consider the possibility that the world has woken up to the superiority of matrox videocards & they are selling like hotcakes resulting in low or out of stock videocards!!

Comment

Ayoub,

Nice thought, but no.

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Matrox seriously needs to roll out the G800 soon. Everybody has their next gen cards out already. nVidia and the GeFarce 2, 3dfx and the Voodoovoodoofoodoo 5 666, Ati and the Readon. The only big 3D manufacture without one is Matrox.

I WANT MY G800!!!

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

They are going to get their next NEXT cards out soon enough, just in time for the G800 to compete with the last LAST batch of cards.

I just hope they make another stab at retail, just for the variety and competition. If they decide to give it up and go oem only that would be a shame.

Comment

Faran, do a seach on the G800 here and you'll find... hearsay!

The chip nor the products specs have been released by Matrox.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Is the G800 comparable to the GayFarce2? Comparing in gamespeed/FPS? Slower? Faster?
              In case it's a harware problem:
              PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
              Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

Working...
              X