Crap... Help please, this is ticking me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap... Help please, this is ticking me off

I installed this free program called FConverter last night, and then decided I didn't want it, so I removed it using Add/remove programs. Well, it tells me there are files left over that it can not remove, so I go take a look to see what they are. There are a bunch of .dll's in there, and I'm thinking, what the hell? The folder was in Program files, and they had no business being there, so I deleted them.

Now whenever I reboot, all the stuff in my system tray does not load up. I had 5 things. Point32.exe driver, SB live! thing, my Desktop thing, drivers for all the extra buttons on my keyboard, and the audio control. Every time I reboot I have to manually active those things, and it's pissing me off, how do you make the damn things stay?

Somehow I got rid of the .dll's keeping track of my crap, so now MSconfig doesn't even know they are there, and it sucks! What do I do?
    McRhea

Go to the recycle bin and un-delete the .dlls that you killed.

Comment

Uhh.. Heh heh heh... I have my bin to delete all the files at once, with out sending them to the Recycle bin. In fact, I don't even have a Recycle bin on my desk top.
      McRhea

Comment

Come on guys, all I need to know how to do is to make the Msconfig start up my point32.exe files and a couple other things... how hard can that be? I just don't know how, that's all.
        McRhea

Comment

Well, the brute force way is to run regedit, and go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

Then add string values with the full path of the executable you want to start when the machine boots...

AlgoRhythm

Comment

Cool, at least the driver gets loaded whenever I reboot. Thanks!
            McRhea

Comment

perhaps you should reinstall the program again & then uninstall with the knowledge, in hindsight, that some dlls are shared & should not be deleted.

Comment

It's probably not the right way, but it helps:

Put shortcuts of all those executables in you startup-folder.

DONE!
                In case it's a harware problem:
                PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
                Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

Working...
                X