Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here we go again :-(

http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/001138.html

And what is your problem with disabling macrovision? I find it an annoyance, degradation of quality and obtrusive. Macrovision and Regional coding are both lame. And don't try to tell me just because someone want's to disable Macrovision they must be up to no good and pirating dvd's.
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 700
    128mb PC133 HSDRAM
    Matrox Millennium g400max
    Adaptec 2940U2W
    IBM 9gb U2W
    Plextor 8/20 cdr
    Diamond MX300
    3com 905b-tx

Comment

And what is your problem with disabling macrovision? I find it an annoyance, degradation of quality and obtrusive. Macrovision and Regional coding are both lame. And don't try to tell me just because someone want's to disable Macrovision they must be up to no good and pirating dvd's.
      uhhh... no?

The problem I have is that this person posts stuff like this on the Matrox Tech Support Forum. If a macrovision hack is posted on this forum, Matrox officially is aware of this, and have to make the hack impossible (remove it).

So whatever hack you know, DON'T post it on that forum... it really strikes me that people still don't realize that, after all those times already!

Comment

Looks like someone is getting smart over there and deleting these posts. Or maybe they're doing that to keep the hacks from spreading.

For anyone who cares to try another one, for Marvel and RRG users there are several versions of a special system file in some older driver packages that can be copied to the newer drivers that will disable Macrovision in the newer drivers. Care to try it??...I'm not posting...e-mail me.
        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
        X