Censorship on this forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censorship on this forum...

I posted on the 'hardware' forum about the situation with Matrox in Australia and the general disatisfaction with the way that Matrox does business.

I used no harsh language or bad grammar (although I see that's not looked upon very lightly here either) yet the post has mysteriously disappeared.

Is this forum taking kickacks from Matrox? What is the use of a forum if reasonable argument is not allowed?

Of course this is a Matrox forum and the owners may do what they wish. What about a simple explanation?

T.

Tony,

I believe that the AUTHOR of that thread deleted it because you were being an ARSE, and he didn't want his thread to contribute to the ARSENESS going around in this forum. Don't jump to conclusions!!!

Rags

Comment

I see no reason why your post should disappeared. I dont now if I'm in mistake but are you sure that your topic has disappeared ? It can be that Ant changed the place of your topic because of his subject. Give me the title of your topic and I gonna search for you.

------------------
      My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
      --------------
      I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
      (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
      My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
      --------------
      Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

EH, O.K , the topic is not from you. O.K. Sorry but the autor have the souich on it. O.K wht was your post ? What about the Matrox policy. Post it in 3DMark Compare to have sompting to say to achive 2000 post before the year 2000
        He Rags in same time again
        ------------------

Osho
        --------------

[This message has been edited by space7 (edited 11 November 1999).]

Osho
        --------------
        Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Space, Tony did not post that thread, Agent did, and Tony showed up just to be a smartass, So Agent deleted the thread, because it had become polluted.

Rags

Comment

I deleted it. It was a waste of space.
            Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Ok fair enough explanation. I suppose the way to avoid being an 'arse' is to accept whatever Matrox dishes out without question. This isn't a Matrox users forum - it's a Matrox lovers forum. I showed up 'just to be a smartass'? Please... did you actually even read any of it? The fact that the stuff was true disturbs you doesn't it.

Anthing that denigrates Matrox is a 'waste of space' isn't it?

Why don't you guys have a look at the Savage Daily News site (http://sdn.fgn.com/) - much more crappier card and company and a much, much worse situation in general, but a better forum.

T.

yeah the *love* in this forum really making this place pleasant...

Comment

Yeah 'Kruzin', you show so much class here buy using macho words like 'douchebag' (and using the *correct* spelling). How old are you people here? It's very clear that a certain level of maturity is lacking here.

What fun is there in teasing a guy because English is not his first language and his grammar is not correct. You guys really show your lack of class.

To summarise since I hate to see so much ignorance:

Agent31 stated that Matrox cards are expensive in Australia. I explained why. I implied that Matrox were arrogant in that they knew they had a 'captive audience'. I said in a jocular fashion that Matrox know that a certain number of 'fools' will buy their cards. I know lots of people upgraded from the g200 to the g400 despite the lack of resolution of the well-known g200 problems. Is that not true?

I stated that I counted my self as one of these 'fools' since this g400 is my fourth matrox product.

Never once did I swear or call anyone names except for saying that Matrox knew that they could skate over certain problems because they had a guaranteed market. Is that cynical? Certainly is, but it's also true.

What are you trying to put across? That everything is peachy-keen? Come on..

Of course, it's your forum so if 'douchebags' populate this forum well then so be it. I'll be a fool and a 'duchebag' (sic) for buying the g400.

T.

Comment

No, you are just a Jackass, because you exist. You never had explained what problems the G400 has that the G200 does, besides jackasses like you buying them, ****ing up the installation then whining about it in the end.

Rags

Comment

Damn...I had decided to go easy on you, and delete my post....musta done it at the same time you where writing your lovely post.

You just don't get it, do you?
                    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
                    It's not the opinion that ticks us off, it's the attitude it's presented in. We are not Matrox. If you act like an ass towards us, that is how you will be treated. I now remember you calling us all fools for having Matrox cards, and I remember restraining myself at that time from torching you. But it's obvious now how truely clueless you really are.

This is a user group, here for us to help each other out. And we do help each other out quite a bit. And we are protective of "our community". When trash shows up, we take it out...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 11 November 1999).]
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oh Tony! I feel so bad for you. You are being treated so badly. They should have never done that to you. Poor baby.

Joel
                      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

>No, you are just a Jackass, because you exist.

Again another sound and reasoned argument. You suck because you are? Clever I admit, in an existential way...

I'm sure that sort of argumnet goes a long way if you're a Texan Governor running for Prez.

>You never had explained what problems the G400 has that the G200 does,

Please clarify this sentence. I'll treat the 400 and 200 in insolation. The g200 problems are legendary. Need I repeat them?

The g400 problems have been dealt with before, in detail, on this main news section of this site.

I mostly have problems with games, nearly all of them OpenGL. Some Direct3D games also. Crashes, screen tearing etc. I can give you a list if you want. But what's the point - it's not one game, it's a number which implies a problem with the 400 itself, not one game in particular.

For some strange reason you all get the idea that I hate Matrox for allegedly 'ripping me off'. I did say the hardware was great, the 2d is great, the dvd playback is excellent with WinDVD and the dual-head, tv-out is fine. All I said was that certain problems were stopping me from wholeheartedly recommending it *as a gaming card*.

Paraphrasing a bit; I said it was a bit more expensive than clone cards but the g400 is not a clone card. I implied it was worth the extra cost. Is that a fair statement? You decide. I also did a rough calculation on the cost of having a 400max sent via shop.matrox.com and I stated the price was roughly the same. Some people were upset over this?

Very controversial material isn't it?

>besides jackasses like you buying them, ****ing up the installation then whining about it in the end.

Pure conjecture on your part... but whatever goes on in your fetid mind must bring some comfort to you.

T.

nothing like a bit of intelligent discourse, no?

Comment

Kruzin, I don't think you quite understood my point before you so hastily put me on your ICQ ignore lists

Tony, chill out man.

Jeez I really regret posting that price list now!

[This message has been edited by Agent31 (edited 11 November 1999).]
                          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Maybe if you knew exactly what it is that you posted before, then we *could* have an intelligent discussion. But it seems that you are more intent on correcting Kruzin's spelling on a very well chosen word for you.

Is this forum taking kickacks from Matrox?
                            First of all, that is "Kick-backs" I assume. Ant is independent, and criticises Matrox all the time, as do others.

I stated that I counted my self(myself) as one of these 'fools' since this g400 is my fourth matrox product.
                            I am sorry you see yourself as a fool for purchasing a very nice piece of hardware.

I'll treat the 400 and 200 in insolation.
                            Insolation?????? What the hell is insolation???

I know lots of people upgraded from the g200 to the g400 despite the lack of resolution of the well-known g200 problems. Is that not true?
                            Sounds like you are saying that the G400 suffers the same problems as the G200, I was simply asking what problems that may be? Is that so difficult??

As far as pricing goes...I have to agree that the pricing in Australia is terrible, but is that Matrox's fault??? Especially since they aren't so terrible everywhere else, just in Australia....Kind of makes me wonder. But it does suck.

I don't know what problems you are having in games, I don't see tearing or crashing at all, I have seen texture management problems in OpenGL, but you didn't mention that. Maybe you are doing someting wrong? Funny thing is I can't recall ever seeing a post by you asking for help, or offering help for that matter. You just show up to tell us that we are a bunch of fools for sticking with hardware that suits our needs.

Rags

Comment

Tony Lai ! If you have a problem with the G400 why you don't post the problem in a topic? If you say that the problem is your G400 and starting blasting Matrox how we can help you ? If it is true that the problem is the card how I dont have the problem that you describe? It's true that I had problem before but it was a configuration problem not a card bug. And for the Matrox politics in Australia like I alredy say posted in the 3D mark compare. This way you gonna not offend Matrox lover .Because ther we have big walls .

------------------

Osho
                              --------------

Osho
                              --------------

Comment

Working...
                              X