Rolling screen on vhs playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling screen on vhs playback

I have the G400-tv set for screen capture, to record slideshows but when I play back the vhs tape....I get mostly rolling pictures. What do I need to check or change, in order to get rid of this! HELP
    Once, I get past one obstacle there is ten more ahead!All I'm trying to do it take slideshow from cd's to vhs...I know that sounds backward, but not everyone has a computer that can handle the graphics.. Anyway,,,thanks for any and all advise.
    RO

Hi ro,

How are you actually doing what you are doing ?

I mean, what programs do you use and how ?
    How is your PowerDesk and VideoTools configured ?

Comment

I hope I can answer your question...What I have is slideshow made in Kai PowerShow..
      I went to START>Control panel>display> settings>advance> Duel Head check next to Clone, DVD max or Zoom under tv settings check next to reduce flickering Monitor refresh rate is 60hz (is that too low)
      frame reate 30 frames/sec byte rate .789mb
      image sz 352x240 NTSC tv qual..
      Then I go to video tools and check the video output ...turn on the vhs to line1 vcr and record.. double check on the audio (because sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't ?!?!?) and when I put the tape into another vhs recorder it just rolls..tried the auto tracking but no luck..
      could it be the cheap vhs recorder that I use to record SAnyo 4head HI-fi Wal-mart special???
      Thanks for taking the time to help..
      If I didn't give you all the info..please tell me where to look!
      Thanks RO

Comment

Uncheck the "Output to video line out" in VideoTools and in "DualHead" check the "DualHead Clone, DVD max or Zoom" and "Use DualHead Clone" only.
        Make sure your "TV Standard" is correct, and it should work (did work here with PAL and ACDsee slideshow).

Pertti

Comment

Thank you for your help...I did what you said, but what did you mean by your TV standard is set correctly? sorry to be so green at this! also I brought a y=adaptec to go into my SB live sound card and I get feedback, is there another way to get around this? Thanks again..hope I'm not being pesty!

Comment

No problems ro,

With the "TV Standard", I was referring to NTSC vs PAL.
            Here in Europe our TV Standard is PAL, which is exactly 25 frames/sec. NTSC is used on the other side of the pond, and has a framerate of almost 30 frames/sec (something like 29.7 frames/sec).

Image size, or resolution also differs with the two standards. a "Full screen" image with the Matrox cards is 704x480 for NTSC and 704x576 for PAL.
            You can find the checkboxes on the "DualHead" tab, together with the colour adjustments for outgoing picture.

The audio through the BOB, or "External Connection Box" can be enabled by starting the PC-VCR application and closing it, but no problems using your Y-cable either.

Does the tape play properly on the VCR it was recorded with ?

[This message has been edited by Pertti (edited 20 February 2000).]

Comment

Yes...It does play on the VCR that it was recorded on! but not on others!? And the problem I'm having using the Y-adapter is I get a loud feedback hummming noise??
              nothing appears to be "easy" working with all this new teckie stuff...but it's worth it when it does..
              Thanks again
              RO

Comment

Working...
              X