Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dream toy

ViperJet
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

nothing like a silenced ump-45,
    but an AK-47 is nothing to sneeze at either...

Comment

is that powered by an AMD thunderbird?? LOL

Comment

it's too slow Greebe, need at least Mach2 to have any fun, G's etc....

-Dil
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

BTW it's a kit plane, priced at $135K less engine. $60k for an unmodified T58 helo engine and an additional $25k for the zero time version. Avionics additional.

Dil, 400knots @ 25,000ft (7.26 km) everything seems slow, even mach 2. It will do +/- 12 G's tho!!!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Impression of speed does completely depend on the altitude you have and your position from the ground.

If you want some nice adrenaline jumps, go down on a highway with a tank driving a dog slow 80 km/h while sitting on the turret That IS fun ;-)
            Cars were driving 40 km/h more than us, the overall speed is nothing impressive. But you do not have a windshield or a metal structure around you, you are just sitting on a damn tank with all the wind on the face and an apocalyptic noise of a 25 tons tank speeding on a highway.
            Damn I hope I'll be able to do it again!

But I won' say no if some pilot proposes me to fligh in a supsersonic jet, hell no.

Comment

So you'd probably be interested in:
              http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/fighter_jet.htm
              Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

Bursar, thx for the link... cool plane. I wouldn't buy one tho.... flies really no faster with equal manuerability harder to find replacement parts and burns at twice the fuel rate (100 gph vs 50 top speed) Getting one certified in the US would also be a major hassle.

But none the less very cool plane! I'll be sending that link to the www.eaa.org

Comment

Michael DiFrisco, Executive Editor has it now

Comment

Working...
                  X