Soggy UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soggy UK

Soggy Uk and the flooding and it's all due to climate change.
    Funny at the beginning of the 90's I can remember programs showing presenters standing in the middle of dry river beds and saying Oh we're going to be in desert, Oh you got save all the water (although most of it was leaking away through burst mains), Oh this river will never run again.
    Of course there now saying the oppposite and we're going to all drown instead.
    Other factors are that flood plains have been built on (Due to back handers to councils) Moorlands and other enviroments changed so that the water drains off quicker.
    Does any rememeber the predicition of the return of the ice age, TV programs around the late seventies and eighties used to love this in fact I may still have a book somewhere I'll have to have a look for it.
    Anyway the conclusion I've come to, If I don't die of skin cancer (Due to the hole in ozone layer) I'm going to fry. Failing that I'm going to drown or freeze, be hit on the head by huge metorite, crushed by an iceberg, blown up the super volcano in the yellowstone park or drowned by a tidal wave from a landslide in the canary isles.
    Have I missed anything?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I believe the time frame for the next ice age is quite large (in human standards)

Definately not in my lifetime, or that of my kids, and their kids............
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

It's just to the south of me - We're very wet, but not under water

The weather scares are just the media fighting for viewers - if it's not the end of the world today, don't worry, it will be tomorrow!

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

The end of the world tomorrow Shit I better get off down to the pub.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

And I was hoping it would be golfing weather tomorrow! Stupid, Stinkin' weather! ؤ%]&#!!!

(Racing to kitchen to drink my last case of Carlsberg)

*thinking*: Hmm, better ask my GF for some quality time tonight... Naah I'll be too pissed by then. Sod it!

Jake
          Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
          ----------------------
          Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Working...
          X