Greebe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greebe

Hey guy, do you know what I miss most about Indy? IMO, they have the best barbeque I've ever had. My favorites were Zeb's and Barbeque Heaven (BH is HOT!!). Like BBQ? Ever tried either of those places? I'll bet there are many others, just not that adventurous.

Brian,

If you like barbeque, you need to go to Kansas City. They have THE best barbeque restaurants IMO.

Rags

Comment

Yes I have Brian! But then I'm a master chef to my neighbours when it comes to BBQ. I normally stay home and do the real deal myself!

About 6 weeks ago they had a BBQ festival down at the White River State Park downtown and that was perdy darn good for sampling varieties for around the area. We dropped about $200 and brought home a mess. For 4 days of nothing but BBQ, I was in Heaven!

Also if your ever down in NC and or SC way you have got to try Carolina style BBQ. That's some awsome sheet too! (but different)

OK now that I'm drooling all over myself... I got the crave!!! Arrggg! )p

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

What I like about the Indy bbq places is that they like the sauce. They have great sauce and put alot on. The Memphis bbq turned me off, not enough sauce.

No good bbq in Maryland either.

Texas had excellent bbq, but I lived there too long ago to compare it to Indy.

I make good bbq also. The sauce at Zebs is the best I have had. Their ribs were great.

The only time I was in NC, I couldn't find a bbq place easily. Ate at a steakhouse.

(I bet California has terrible bbq )

By the way, where do you live Greebe?

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 06 October 2000).]

Comment

1.5 miles west of Meridian, just off 86th street on the northside.

email me for more detailed info
          greebe2@home.com

Rags is right KC BBQ is killer too
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Your region sounds familiar, but it's been a while. Is that up by Lilly?

I used to work at Reilly Chemicals (Reilly Tar) over by International Harvester (I think).

Just out of curiosity, were you ever involved with the AMUG? (Amiga User Group) If you were, you must have known a friend of mine name of Greg Chaney. Used to work with him. Big geek. Very knowledgable.

I'll make a point of eating in KC during one of my trips west. Used to go by there often going from Chicago to Texas.

Comment

I'm on the far northside about a mile south of Carmel. Lilly is just south of downtown (bout 10 miles south of me). I moved here about 5 years ago from NC. Originally from Ohio 120 miles due east (Dayton area).

Haven't been involved with outside computer geeks that much due to my son (he's handicapped, can't do for himself at all).

Would Greg live in Greenwood?

Comment

Greebe, your originally from Dayton? Pardon me while I stear this conversation in a different direction for a moment then, do you know of Greater's Ice Cream? Cincinnati and Dayton speciality! The best Ice Cream in the world, especially the Mint Chip!

Sigh, I miss Cinci. I miss Greater's Ice Cream and I miss Cincinnati style chili.

I geuss I'll just have to force my dad to bring me some of both when he comes out for Thanksgiving.

Ian
                who is realizing that it's much to early in the day to be thinking about ice cream.

[This message has been edited by HedsSpaz (edited 07 October 2000).]
                Primary System:
                MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                Seccondary System:
                Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                Tertiary system
                Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Ian, I luv Greater's Ice Cream.

I hope your not refering to Skyline chili tho. Is that what your refering to?

Comment

As a matter of fact, yes, I think he did live in Greenwood.

Miss the golf there also. Used to play at Hoosier Links every weekend and in the city twice a week after work (forgot the name of the course). Very cheap and not hard to get a tee time.

By the way, have you kept up with the CFC thread?

Comment

Oh yeah

I just might give Greg a call, anything special I should say?

Comment

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I live in the BBQ capitol of the world! Kansas City! The place that BBQ's so much that there is a giant plume of smoke rising from Arrowhead stadium before every Chiefs games (US Football). The place that has more BBQ resturants than McDonalds. The place that has a BBQ competition every other week in the Summer time.

Hmmmmm...what are my favorites (in case anyone is ever out this way):

Best Beef: KC Masterpiece
                        Best Pork: Jack Stack
                        Best Sandwich's and Old Style Ribs: Arthur Bryant's
                        Best BBQ Beans: Jake's Eat it n' Beat it
                        Best Bang for the Buck: Hayward's
                        Best competitions: The American Royal and the Lenaxa BBQ Cook Off

But the best BBQ I have ever had was made by one of my friend's fathers. He took first place in the American Royal (biggest BBQ compeition there is) in BBQ'ed Lamb one year. It used to be called Hog's Breath, but he changed it. This guys should open a resturant it's so good.

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Jammy, I had a feeling you were from around there abouts.

KC Masterpiece, is that like the people who make the sauce commercially? Does it taste the same as the bottled stuff?

Comment

How many are into wings, Buffalo Wings? Ever had Chiefs from Greenville SC?

Comment

KC Masterpiece is a GREAT place to eat. Their barbeque beef is the best. Their service is even better. You don't go through your meal with your beverage empty once. No napkins here, folks. Try towels. Yes, linen like you use to dry off with. I used to eat there all the time when I lived there. I plan on going back soon

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X