Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I just got...

...geek bragging mode on...

Just picked up one of these: http://www.clearnet.com/english/pcs/...dservices.html . It's pretty cool.

...geek bragging mode off...

------------------
    Andrew

I will not torment the emotionally frail

[This message has been edited by agallag (edited 08 October 2000).]
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

nice one dude!!

Comment

Nice phone!

I'll get a Ericcson C35i WAP-phone for free later this year... some sort of a deal between our university and KPN Telecom (one of the mobile phone companies in our country).

Not that I actually am going to use it for WAP...

Comment

I dident know KPN Telecom had a network on Mars!

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

looks quite cool - but I have found that ANY phone apart from Nokia's are soooo user UNrefriendly! Anyone tried using the Motorola Timeport? What a dire phone that is! Also the new little Sony isn't much better.

I'll keep my Nokia 7110 for a little while yet!

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I had trouble with my link too when I tried the url= deal. Had to change to a plain link.

Anyhoo, I've had Nokias and Sonys in the past, and so far, the two Sanyo's I've had are the best and most user friendly phones I've had. The only thing I like better about the Nokias is that they have better games

------------------
            Andrew

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Here's Guru's phone:

------------------
              Andrew

Comment

Does <a href=http://mobile.ericsson.com/spg.asp?template=product_page&grid=grid2&Menuleft= menu_left_B&Subheadtext=sh_B1.Xa&Menumid=menu_mid_ B&Menusub=menu_mid_sub&Combo=Inc_MobPhoneCombo&P rodId=9316 target=_top>this</a> work?

Edit: Nope, html links don't work any better than UBB apparently...

[This message has been edited by agallag (edited 08 October 2000).]

Comment

Well, my phone isn't to shabby to... the Samsung SCH611 CDMA handset...

Features:
                  -Internal 64000kbps modem (Great for surfing the net and checking email with my Palm IIIx)
                  -Voice Dialing.
                  -Voice Memo Recording.
                  -Very VERY VERY thin (thinner then a finger) and very elegant.

[This message has been edited by DataOrb (edited 08 October 2000).]
                  "Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven..."
                  __________________________________________________ ____
                  Worstation Specs:
                  Asus P3B-F w/Celeron@680mhz
                  160mb PC100 7ns RAM.
                  Matrox G400 142/190Mhz.
                  IBM 75GXP 7200RPM 15Gb.
                  Seagate U8 4.1gb Hdd,
                  SBlaster Live! Digital.
                  17" Mag InnoVision 770Ti TrinitronFR Monitor @1152X864
                  Logitech MouseMan Wheel USB (on Everglide Giganta SE)
                  Focus 127keys MM Keyboard.
                  HP SCSI Cd-Rw 7200Si
                  AOpen X48 CD ROM.
                  AOpen 1040Pro Slot DVD
                  3Com NIc @ Tevel/3Com Cable Modem
                  Modded case, the "banshee". 6 fans.
                  3Com Palm IIIx + GoType + AxxPAC

Comment

yuppies

Comment

I had a nokia 5110, 6110 and 7110 and to be honest I think you are right Steve. Nokia phones are great - however I used mine for connection to the internet in my second year at uni and found that there is very little difference between them.

Anyone know what the 6210 is like?
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Well my boss uses one at the moment and his coment of it was "vittu tää on paska"! (**** this is shit)! Honestly almost allthe people that I know that have Nokia phones are happy with them! Still we send abaut 10 nokia phones and 1 ericsson to the factory to be fixed every week so you decide who makes bether phones!

EDIT: What can't you say the F word in this forum? vittu actualy means pussy!
                        ------------------

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 08 October 2000).]
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

cause it is a censored forum.

Oh, and what drugs was I on when I wrote my previous post?

I'll get a Siemens C35i, not a Ericsson C35i (if that even exists).

Guru: Mars has excellent mobile phone networks!

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 08 October 2000).]

Comment

Nice! I have this:

EDIT: Forum can't show this link, you have to past =9316 in the url!

EDIT: Trying to see if I could fix your links.

EDIT:It's an NCD (No Can Do)!
                            ------------------

Comment

I tried to post it too. Must be a bug. Nice phone BTW. Too geeky for me tho, I'll stick with the three Nokia's I currently have.
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X