This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big welcome to the Joel era!

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome Joel as the new mod! I think there might've been another thread similar to this but I don't think I posted anyway!

A shaky start with some people not wanting change and other's welcoming it. Change is not an option however - it's a necessity! Holly is gone (in the mod sense!) and there isn't a thing you or I can do about it.

This is a great site and forum community with a good bunch of guys. I don't think we all are 'Matrox Users' but we enjoy these forums as they let us ask questions, help each other through problems and let off steem! Don't ask for Holly back - it won't happen - just accept Joel and suggest what you would like from this forum and it's moderation. Personal insults are generally not tolerated and one's aimed at mods are even less likely no to be moderated. Joel let the petition thread run even through all the personal criticism he has received in it and other threads so he's not all that bad!

As much as I don't want to tell anyone to leave these forums it is an option if you don't like it here

Let's rejoice (or, if you'd prefer, just smile) in the fact that these forums are here and are constantly evolving.

I'd like to ask Joel to close this thread now to prevent any arguments stemming from this - if you're quick you can add your own welcome

Regards,

Paul.

------------------
    Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
    Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Is it too late to post?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Welcome Joel!

Regards,

Jake
      Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
      ----------------------
      Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Brown-noser!

amish
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

A warm welcome to you,Joel (albeit a bit delayed!)
          Cheers
          Ovi

Comment

Welcome Joel!!!

Regards,
            Hein.
            System1:
            Asus P4T533, Pentium IV 3,06GHz, 512MB SAMSUNG Rimm 4200, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 20GB, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 60Gb, MATROX PARHELIA, MATROX RTX100, ULTRAPLEX 40MAX, PLEXWRITER 12/10/32S, 2 x IIYAMA Vision Master Pro510

System2:
            ASUS P4T533, Pentium IV 3,06 GHz, 512 MB SAMSUNG Rimm 4200, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 20GB, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 60Gb, SAPPHIRE 9800XT, CREATIVE AudigyII, ULTRAPLEX 40MAX, PLEXWRITER 40/12/40S, 2 x IIYAMA Vision Master Pro510

Comment

And a big wellcome! But please dont post any more pictures(at least no nuds), you scared the shit out of me over here: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000861.html

------------------
              Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Just trying to lighten things up.

Thanks guys and I will endevor to do my best as moderator of this forum.

As per Paul's request though I am going to go ahead and lock this thread at this time.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 28 September 2000).]
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                X