No announcement yet.

New game in development (OPPORTUNITY!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game in development (OPPORTUNITY!)

I wanted to let everyone know about something I'm working on. Also, I wanted to recruit some people. Here's the deal...

Online gaming is the future of gaming. Everyone is headed towards online, collaborative gaming environments. However, the current offerings are pretty meager, and essentially flawed.

What I'm working on (and have been for several years, ever since college) is a new type of online gaming system. 100% dynamic. The game world can (and will) change WHILE THE GAME IS RUNNING. Tired of systems like Everquest and Ultima Online where there are either newbies or veterans, and nobody in-between? That won't happen here.

The technical aspects will be available soon. For more information check the following web site:
    http://users.rcn.com/goldovitz

At any rate, I'm looking for some help. I have the engine aspects pretty well determined, but of course I'm no artist or database guru. I'm looking for programmers (C++ and Java), Database Types, and Artists.

This could be something big and long-term (or it could fail miserably - typical risk in the game development world).

I'd love to hear from you!

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Gurm,

The page doesn't exist - check your index.html to be sure it's there.

I'm not sure I have the extra time to help programming, but when you get to that stage, I'd be willing to toss my machine into the testing pool.
    PIII 550@605
    IWill Motherboard VD133
    VIA Chipset
    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
    DirectX 8.0a
    SB Live! Value
    8x DVD (Toshiba)
    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
    3Com CMX Cable Modem
    Optiquest V95 19"
    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
    Microtek flatbed scanner
    Intellimouse Explorer
    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

I know there's nothing there. I have been working on it. Grr... I thought I was close to done but it looks like I posted the other post a bit too soon.

- Gurm

------------------
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Sorry folks, I fixed the page.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X