X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh! NO! Voodoo4 due in October?

Hi!

I am really very pissed with Matrox. I order my G400 Max at the end of May. Till now I haven't received it yet. They said that it will be shipped to Hong KOng around mid August. This isn't a confirmed date either.

In any case NV10 will release in September and now VOodoo4 is scheduled to release in October.

Read this:3Dfx Interactive will release a new version of its Voodoo 3 graphics card on Friday, Chief Executive L. Gregory Ballard said Thursday. Voodoo products are largely used to speed up the flashy graphics in video games. The next big release for 3Dfx will be the Voodoo 4, which is "on schedule" for an October release, Ballard added. The products should help the San Jose company more than double sales this fiscal year. Analysts expect sales at 3Dfx to hit about $550 million in the current fiscal year, up from $220 million in fiscal 1999. 3Dfx is currently in its quiet period ahead of its fiscal second quarter release, but Ballard said the quarter is going "about as we expected." (go to http://www.voodooextreme.com)

I know some of you will not like my idea to post this but can you blame me for getting angry? Matrox can't even get their cards out on time and their competition are realeasing newer cards already.

Regards,
    Manoj Mahtani

Oh no, the computer industry is moving! Boy it sucks
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I am not pissed with that. I am only pissed because I thought I could have had my G400 Max a long time ago but now probably much faster cards are going to release soon and I don't know if I should still be waiting for G400 Max if it will not be as fast as the newer cards.

Just my thoughts. I don't know how you guys will look into this.

Regards,
      Manoj Mahtani

Comment

Manoj, if I were you, I should cancel my G400. I planned to buy one as soon as they were availble here in Sweden, but now when we can choose between a Nv10 and a V4 in a couplw of month I think I waste my money if I buy a G400 today.

To bad Matrox, you was too late with g400.

------------------
        -[MAxie]-
        P2/448, 128Pc100, 16 GB IBM HDD, G200, V2, Sb Live!, Eizo T57S 17", MS Gamepad, 4xDVD, Adaptec 2940UW, Ricoh CDRW

-maxie-

Comment

COME ON guys!!! U can't be serious!

Do you really believe that NV10 and V4 will be on the market anytime soon?

Do you know, that you can always wait new card to come, they always get better(?).

So what about drivers for NV10 and V4? Those cards are totally new products so there is many bugs on drivers so more and more non-wrking games and apps.

NV10 & V4 will NOT be perfect products, it seems you think so...

Just think about G200 or Riva 128 and compare those to G400 and TNT2.
          It takes time to get all working...

Micko,
          "it's kind a hard to write in english..."

Comment

Now, here is what I have to say!!

Well done on the topic names Mr. Mahtani! I almost dropped out from laughing..
            (clever joke, even if that wasn't intentional I mean)

b

Comment

Manoj perhaps the lesson you should be learning is don't preorder products that don't exist yet. If these things are such a big concern only lay down you money when you know they are available. It doesn't matter how long you wait the graphics card market is getting faster and faster in terms of new products, there will always be something new just around the corner.

Comment

Manoj,

You can go read my post in your other thread... but I'm beginning to get a little irritated. There won't be a working V4 in October. I don't care if you can actually BUY one or not, it won't have working drivers (or if it does, it won't be anything more than an overclocked V3).

In addition, we've been over the NV10 thing again and again and NOBODY will be releasing an NV10 before Christmas. Not Guillemot (who have categorically denied the lies from Ubisoft about them releasing in September), not nVidia themselves (who won't commit to a date at all because their 0.18m processes can't be fabricated with any reliability yet), and not any of their other vendors, who haven't even begun to speculate.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop posting this garbage in the Matrox board. We _KNOW_ you're upset about not getting your MAX. But some of us have been happily using our G400's with pretty much bug-free drivers for a couple months now...

Besides, even if the NV10 and V4 do come out, there's NO way I'll give up this nice crisp display. Readable from across the room at 1600x1200. Hehe. nVidia eat your heart out!

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Dear Manoj

You Are A:

[x] Clueless Newbie
                  [ ] Loser
                  [ ] indy.netter
                  [x] Me too'er
                  [ ] Pervert
                  [ ] Geek
                  [ ] Spammer
                  [ ] Nerd
                  [ ] Elvis
                  [ ] Fed
                  [ ] Freak
                  [ ] FLAMENET
                  [ ] AOLer/Euronetter/PIer/MSNetter
                  [ ] Unbearably self-righteous person
                  [ ] Brown Noser

You Are Being Flamed Because:

[ ] You quoted an ENTIRE post in your reply
                  [ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
                  [x] You started an off-topic thread
                  [x] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
                  [ ] You said "me too" to something or "Send ______"
                  [x] You don't know which group to post in
                  [ ] You suck
                  [x] You brag about things that never happened
                  [ ] Your username/sig/alias/server sucks
                  [ ] You posted a (phone-sex or a make money fast) ad
                  [ ] You posted something totally uninteresting
                  [ ] You crossposted
                  [ ] You posted a message all written in CAPS
                  [ ] You posted racist s***
                  [ ] I don't like your tone of voice
                  [ ] I think you might be a fed
                  [ ] You advertised me something not available in the US
                  [ ] You junkmailed me
                  [ ] You sent an e-mail over 100K
                  [x] You wasted time/money
                  [x] I don't like your B.S.

To Repent, You Must:

[ ] Give up your AOL/Euronet/MSN/Planet Internet account
                  [x] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
                  [x] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
                  [x] Actually post something relevant
                  [ ] Read the f****** FAQ
                  [ ] Be Pat Buchanan's love slave
                  [ ] Be the guest of honor in alt.flame for a month
                  [x] Apologize to everybody in this newsgroup
                  [ ] Post your tests to alt.test/misc.test

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Blow me
                  [x] Bite me
                  [x] Get a life
                  [ ] Never post again
                  [ ] I pity your dog
                  [ ] Go to hell
                  [ ] I think your IQ must be 7
                  [x] Take your s*** somewhere else
                  [x] Learn to post or f*** off
                  [x] Do us all a favor and jump into some industrial equipment
                  [ ] See how far your tongue will fit into the electric outlet
                  [ ] All of the above

If You Feel Like Responding, Send E-mail to:

[x] complaints@BiteMe.com
                  [x] president@AOL.com
                  [x] president@whitehouse.gov
                  [x] jobs@losers-r-us.duh

Please note that this premade form was used because:

[ ] "So many losers.... So little time...."
                  [x] I have too much of a life to spend time on losers like you
                  [x] You don't deserve an actual reply
                  [ ] You don't deserve pity
                  [x] I hope that even you can understand this form
                  [ ] Just a quick and easy way to say "BiTe Me!"
                  [ ] Other:

Signed,

Scott

thank you I feel much better now

------------------
                  Celeron 300A@464, Marvel-G200, V2 SLI, SB live!, 128mb RAM, Optiquest V95 19in montior
                  icq# 5344800
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

wow! where you get the form?

------------------
                    -dz-

Comment

Manoj:

An announced product is not a shipping product! You order shipping products - you preorder non-shipping products. You pay your money and you take your choice. Since the US (and Canada) are Matrox's biggest market, it's not surprising that they want to fulfill orders there first.

Gurm:

I think that it's rather presumptious to assume that the drivers for any new product (Voodoo4, NV10 whatever) will not work. Certainly they are likely to be less than perfect, but since no one has ever produced a perfect driver for any card, I don't see this as a problem. I agree that since Voodoo4 (or whatever it's called) is likely to be architected differently from the other Voodoo products, the chances are that the drivers will be well immature - but we don't *know* that.

It could well be that 3DFx are throwing a lot of resource at getting decent drivers and a working OpenGL ICD ready for Voodoo4. Case to point, it seems that G400 owners are having less driver problems than G200 owners (and the G200 is significantly older!).

If the 3500 is the flagship product of the Voodoo3 line, I very much doubt that 3DFx will damage sales by announcing availability of a whole new architecture before the 3500 is even out of the door!.

Much like you, I don't really see any next generation products shipping in appreciable quantities before Christmas.

GT98/Scott
                      > "[x] I have too much of a life to spend time on losers like you"

Really? It doesn't sound like it :-)

There are plenty of off-topic conversations on this board.

For example http://forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum109/HTML/002412.html

I don't have a problem with this - why do you?

FastmanNTW

Comment

-NV10 and V4 CANT BE released this year, it is impossible.
                        -IF they are released, it gonna be bad products, just over clocked V3 and TNT2.
                        - IF it is NEW GOOD products, not just overclcoked V3/TNT2, the drivers will sux and nothing will run on it.
                        - IF the drivers IS good, the display quality sux, you cant read text on a nVidia or a 3Dfx product.
                        - If the display quality are good, no games will use new features of V4/Nv10 so there is no reason to have one.
                        - If everything is good about the new cards, most games work, and performance is very good, display quality is perfect and the price is low, they still sux because..hm...uh....

Many people seems to think like that, and becomes angry when someone says anything different.
                        Maybe Nv10/V4 will be released this year, maybe not. I can only hope that they are released and the performance is good, I think it is great when new good products become avaible. If not released, well, then we have to wait.
                        But I think that we will have atleast one then availble this cristmas.

------------------
                        -[MAxie]-
                        P2/448, 128Pc100, 16 GB IBM HDD, G200, V2, Sb Live!, Eizo T57S 17", MS Gamepad, 4xDVD, Adaptec 2940UW, Ricoh CDRW

-maxie-

Comment

C'mon guys,
                          Let's not be so hard on Monoj. He has a legitimate gripe here. I know that the industry keeps on moving and if you wait you will never buy anything ...blah ..blah ..blah. However, Matrox seems to have a severe timing problem. Why are they always compared to cards that have been shipping for months. It seems that they are one step behind their prime competition and any further delays only increase frustrations. I for one like to be on the cutting edge of video technology, and right now it's not Matrox. I say this because I CAN'T get a MAX, at all , period. Both Nvidia and 3Dfx will have next gen cards on the Market months before Matrox has their G500 or whatever. This is the timing problem I speak of. This conversation will happen again 6 months from now, and so on.
                          Part of the reason I post this is because I think they need to have a fire lit under their ass. They have a problem and it needs to be fixed. More voices that reflect this will influence their methods and processes in the future. I hope.

C'mon Matrox , I am rooting 4 ya!

P.S. I am made of 100% asbestos so have at it girls.

Comment

Gurm/GT98

Go easy Fellas.
                            I know Manoj hasn't gone about things in an entirely diplomatic way, however, he is providing information which some others may wish to follow up.
                            It's a competitive industry!
                            If there is any truth in it, the open minded people on this board will wan't to check out the competition.
                            I don't think it's entirely fair to just shoot manoj down in flames when you saying a Voodoo 4 won't be released in october could be as unfounded as manoj saying that it will be released in october.

By the way Gurm, I haven't seen back peddaling like that since people used fixed wheels to stop their pushbikes.

"There won't be a working V4 in October. I don't care if you can actually BUY one or not, it won't have working drivers (or if it does, it won't be anything more than an overclocked V3)."

"Besides, even if the NV10 and V4 do come out, there's NO way I'll give up this nice crisp display. Readable from across the room at 1600x1200. Hehe. nVidia eat your heart out!"

Trav

Comment

Ooops, sorry, double post!

[This message has been edited by Trav (edited 07-30-99).]

Comment

Working...
                              X