Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad vibes!

Hi!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm kinda getting the feeling lately that the tone in these forums taken by a some of the veterans (read 500+ posts) has become less than cordial (sp?).

I find it disturbing that one of these people is a moderator of the forums here, who used to be more polite or at least overbearing with some of the more troublesome elements (example: nVidia users dropping in to pick a fight). It seems to me that it only takes a small spark nowadays to start a flame-war with these guys.

Now, you might think that I'm just another a-hole looking to stir up trouble, but I just can't help feeling sad by seeing these things happen here. I have been hanging around these forums for more than 2 years now and would like everyone to think twice before getting in to a silly flame-war.

The MURC should strive to be a friendly place where users of Matrox products come to help each other out, exchance experiences etc. Or maybe just hang out in the box and tell a few jokes.

Make love, not war!

Regards from your fellow MURC'er,

Jake
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

F*ck You
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Bollocks
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Bite me.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

You're all a bunch of nasty buggers, go fu*k yourselves.

Comment

Oh Double Bollocks then! So there
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Alright guys lets not get abusive now. Y'all know the rules.

And Jake,

Trolls who come here offering absolutely nothing to the contents of these forums do not deserve any respect from us veterans. Especially when they post their crap in the Matrox Hardware forum. That is why we have this Soap Box forum. If they had of posted here I would not have said anything.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel,

You are right about "the trolls not deserving any respect" but it seems to me that the general tone has become much more harsh lately. I just feel that it used to be "nicer".

And since you are one of the moderators, I think you should simply delete the abusers posts and accounts, and maybe run IP-logging to prevent them returning.

I don't really get that upset about profane language or harsh remarks, but I think us veterans should set a good example here in stead of adding fuel to the fire, whenever some jerk starts the neverending "Matrox sucks!" thread or some S*IT like that.

cjolley, The PIT, paulcs, himself,

I really hope your remarks were meant to make fun of my topic or me for posting stuff like this, and not as an insult. I never meant to insult anyone here, least of all you. That was NEVER my intention. Maybe my wording was FUBAR and the meaning was misunderstood because of my poor english skills. If you feel insulted by my post, I sincerly appologize.

Regards,

Jake
                Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
                ----------------------
                Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

I would Jake if I could but I only have control over the Soap Box forum. And as far as I know Ant is the only one with the authority to ban IPs.

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I disagree. I´ve been around for a while too, and as far as I can remember, we always had nice BBQ parties... I don´t see anything diferent these days (as you can see by cjolley, The PIT, Paul and himself answers )

People come here with polite manners and all I can see here is respect and will to help. They come otherwise, and well, they can take a hike as far as I´m concerned.

Comment

A free Prozac prescription comes with every MURCer promotion ... unfortunately, sometimes we forget to pick up the refills.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Jake,

There are three kinds of posts which are NOT pro-matrox. They look like this:

1. The polite post:

"Gee, when are Matrox getting their act together! If we don't hear something soon we may need to <insert action here>!"

The polite answer:

Either "cope, we'll hear something soon" or "tough luck, at least it's not ATI" or (if we're in a bad mood) "bite me, go complain to Matrox".

2. The irked post:

"Matrox now sucks. I <just bought/will buy> a GeFarce 19, it roxx!"

The irked response:

"Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out." or "You'll be back when you discover your GeFarce 34 is shit. Bye!" or (if we're in a bad mood) "BITE ME".

3. The idiot flamebait post:

"I hate Matrox! They suck! Their cards are shit! nVidia is much better! At least they release a new card every 3 months!"

The idiot flamebait response:

"We hate YOU! YOU suck! You are shit! We are much better! At least we don't own nVidia cards! FUXX OFF!"

And that's how it works.

So...

Err...

BITE ME.

- Gurm

------------------
                        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

I'm pretty sure we were all just kidding. Sometimes, we just can't help ourselves.

Paul
                          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Oh just take a hike. All you go away!

Comment

Y'all sound like you're od'ing on MY angry pills!

Dimitri
                              "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                              --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
                              X