Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The UK is becoming the setting for a Mad Max film!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UK is becoming the setting for a Mad Max film!

It's chaos - the petroleum supply is rapidly dwindling here in england. Any petrol stations which do have any juice left have queues going up the street 20 cars or so...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Makes me glad I filled up on Friday...
    Then drove 200 miles over the weekend DOH

Fortunately I only have a 3 mile drive to work, so I should be able to keep going for a while yet

------------------
    P3-700E, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC100... Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

if you only need to drive 3 miles, you can use a bicycle to go to your work! DOH!

but people who have to travel over 15 miles will have a problem if there is no alternative transport for them...

Comment

DOH dZeus, never heard of the efficient Brittish public transport?

Just like our NS... hmmmmm...
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I've got a smallish drive to work, but more people than I can fit on the back of a bike to take there 8-)

Luckily I have most of a tank, hopefully the government will crack before I have to start sneaking around at night siphoning off other peoples' petrol.

Or is it time to invest in a crossbow and battered leathers?

Uberlad - Road warrior.

------------------
          -------------------------
          8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
          5 out of 10 referred to me by name.
          -------------------------
          8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
          5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

my father told me this story once that during the oil crisis there was a report of a lady in Rotterdam trying to tap petrol of her neigbour's car with a vacuum-cleaner..... of course the whole machine set on fire, as you can imagine....

I know about the state of the roads in Britain... in some places you can't really cycle without almost driving on the lane meant for cars... but if you only have to drive 3 miles, and you drive when there is a nationwide petrol-shortage, then there wouldn't be that many cars to endanger your trip to work, would there?

Comment

5 mins after I joint the queue at my local Asda for filling up just now, a barrier was put up to stop more people joining, and after my half hour wait. They've now run out.

It isn't possible to get unleaded in south east Essex now - there's only diesel left!

Jorden - british transport? There's enough diesel left for a day or so at most for the buses around here, then that's it.

I just spoke to someone who works at Coryton Refinery for BP, and they're preparing to lay people off if this becomes long term. To BP, short term is until Saturday, Long term is a month or more...

I think it's all quite funny!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

Comment

The local pubs should do very well!
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

...they'll do fine until the booze runs out and they can't transport any more booze in.

Comment

They'll use mules and camels.

Comment

what? they don't expert oil in these Middle-East countries, but they do export camels?

Comment

It's this damn siege mentality that's got me.

Irresponsible journalism doesn't help either. Some stupid woman said on breakfast TV thismorning "What will happen when the supermarkets don't get deliveries"

Next stop millions of people clearing out the food shelves.

I wonder what other countries think of the British public's reactions.

Peter

[This message has been edited by peterclifton (edited 12 September 2000).]

Comment

I filled up on Sunday (luckily) and I only have a mile-and-a-half to drive to work (yes I know I could walk but I'm a lazy git) so I should be OK.

The roads seem to be getting quieter round my neck of the woods, people must be keeping their car off the road to save petrol.
                          Chris Blake

Comment

A friendly message from your local BP petrol station:

------------------
                            Cheers,
                            Steve

Comment

Tony Blah Blah reckons it will be over in 24hrs. Whats he going to do send the army in?
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X