Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyway to update aspi w/o having adaptec products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyway to update aspi w/o having adaptec products?

damn aspi updates..before, i did it by temporarily installing ezcd(but i hate ezcd) if there are other ways..pls tell me

The Adaptec web site has the latest ASPI layer available for download.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

And you can only install it if you have an adaptec product, hardware or software. With ForceASPI you can install them anyway.

------------------
      ------------
      ------

Comment

LOL my slightly more brutal solution was to install drivers for a random piece of Adaptec hardware. The driver not being able to find the device didn't seem to dissuade the ASPI installer from working though

------------------
        P3-700E@933, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC133... Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

Wow 100 posts
          Now I get to complain about those damn Minis

------------------
          P3-700E@933, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC133... Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

I didn't know their ASPI SW checks for Adaptec hardware ... I've got on-board SCSI (AIC7890) w/ my Asus P2B-S so that apparently made it happy. Doesn't your SCSI controller vendor provide you a way to gracefully install ASPI layer updates?
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

no im on ide
              but hey thx for the info guys..i was able to upgrade it

Comment

Working...
              X