• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beast :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/screenshot....000/v5602b.jpg
    http://www.eurogamer.net/content/p_v56000

Review says it's bitching fast.

[This message has been edited by Himself (edited 05 September 2000).]

Ok, that's just plain stoopid. Kind of like the guy who put a second V8 in the trunk of his cadillac. Of course it's going to be fast, but it's not fast because of any new technology, it's just brute force.

-=-=-
    Andrew
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

what's wrong with plain bvrute force?

Comment

There are two v's in bvvrute.

Comment

dZeus was corrected by himself.

------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team!
          View the exciting stats
          P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

That oversized chocolate bar maybe fast, but it sure is ridiculous.

Comment

Unfortunately for us overclockers, that card'll limit the options somewhat. I mean, it's gonna have to block any and all airflow, causing heat buildup in parts of the case, unless we run it without the cover. And even then, it'll still be warmer than a reasonably scaled card with the case on (keep in mind that most computer cases are designed with optimal airflow with the covers on, not off).

------------------
              Ace
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Easy solution to that one Ace. Take off all four fans, drill a 1/2" hole through the centre of all 4 chips, remount the fans. There's your airflow back, and some extra to boot

------------------
                Andrew
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

if you can afford to buy a V5-6K, why not move to the North Pole too?

Comment

Please tell me the black box isn't an external power supply.

What happens when everything but that is plugged into a UPS, and the power goess out? Just curious.

I wish those guys at 3dfx would start going vertical rather than horizontal....I've got more room above my agp slot than behind it

DS
                    Games Box
                    --------------
                    Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
                    ------
                    Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
                    -------------
                    Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

The black box IS an external power supply - those four chips need so much current that the power supply from the motherboard won't suffice (at least that's what I read in a magazine some time ago). Now that's what I call a great design - you can grill a chicken on that card when you're hungry after a long FPS session...

Comment

Is the card coming as a surprise to anybody, I thought everybody knew all this about the card 8 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X