Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holly thinks of quiting mod'ship for TSB...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holly thinks of quiting mod'ship for TSB...

Do you agree to that?

She's doing this because all kinds of problems with her computer, plus me being online one hour a day at maximum, and slightly more during the weekend, and in this way she can't keep an eye on the Box every day. As she would like to do.

Although I've now given her the password for my PC and all, she's still going to ask Ant to replace her.

I <u>don't agree</u> to that, but I've got nothing to say, so maybe you guys 'n' gals can change her (stubborn, hardheaded ) mind?

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 31 August 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Come on, Holly, think twice about this...

Comment

don't make me come after you with a toaster!
      jim
      System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Will you stay if we promise to behave?

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Say it ain't so Mo....
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

If you do, you'll miss the cheese

Comment

Answers in order received:

Jord: Your agreement is not required, any more than mine was needed for you to post this thread.

Alec: Yes, I have-- thinking twice, or "sleeping on it", is always a good policy.

Jim: mmmm...toast! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Paul: Aw, come on, you guys don't have to be good-- you're the <u>best</u>!!!

Chuck: Sorry, don't think I can do that.

Brian: Ah well, we all have our cross to bear...

<hr>

Seriously guys... I love you all, and I love the MURC, and it's been a lot of fun doing this, even at the worst of times.

But I really have to take this POS PC down for a number of reasons and I won't be bringing it back up again anytime soon, if ever.

So I don't have much choice but to resign, though I do appreciate the show of support.

I'll miss you, friends.

Take care, and don't throw too much cheese at the new mod (especially if it's Ant ).

------------------
              Holly, aka 'The Boss of You'
              (hey, it's a joke, people; not my fault if you never played Zork Grand Inquisitor!)

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
              -Jay Bulworth
              Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
              -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Holly:

May I ask a stupid question? Why do you have to take you POS PC down? (please excuse my ignorance if the answer is in another thread; working too much lately).

Bart
                Bart

Comment

I'll answer for her, as it's been disassembled already...

"The next problem is my hideous PC. I didn't bring my BX mobo, and bought an LX when I got here. I brought my 2 20GB drives and the controller card, and there's the problem. The controller card is either damaged or doesn't work with the LX board, and large file operations usually cause the PC to lock up with the drive light on unless I do them in Win98 Safe Mode. This problem
                  might be solved by putting the drives on the mobo, but 1) I have too many devices and would either have to remove a device and shuffle the rest, or merge the drives, both PITA operations; 2) I can't back up my data to CD-R (because that's a large file operation), and I feel that putting a 20GB drive on an LX board will almost surely result in the drive being misread and a very
                  good chance of the data getting garbled. Without a backup, I don't want to take a chance, so the result is that my PC is almost impossible to use for any length of time.
                  "

There's your answer, part of anyway

Jord.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Let´s get together (lots of us) and buy Holly a BX!

Comment

i probably can get hold of one cheap (between 100 and 150 Dutch guilders)

A lot of people buy and sell pc stuff here on the university campus...

Comment

I´m not bailing out or anything, but I´m going on vacations now (two weeks). I´ll try to post here meanwhile. Bye!

Hope this turns out for the best. (Holly staying)

Holly: OK, then, sleep on it twice!

Good health to y´all!!!

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO! You CAN'T go anywhere Holly! I don't approve (as if that makes any difference.... )!

Hey Alec and dZeus, I'm down with that!

Dimitri
                          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I am game for helping with a BX for her....any others?

-Dil

Holly, don't go..........

[This message has been edited by Dilitante1 (edited 02 September 2000).]
                            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Actually, right now, I think I maybe have enough for a BX board. Not sure how much I have exactly though.

Hmm, but if I could get one, how could I ship it?

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 02 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X