Has Ed Pool lost his F****** mind ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Ed Pool lost his F****** mind ???

What the hell is this about. Apparently Mr. Ed Pool is trying to, basically patenting e-commerce. If he succeeds he´s planning to charge a fee equal to 0.3% of any computerized trade in the world!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/451936.asp?cp1=1#BODY

I seriously can´t see how this patent could possibly bee granted. That´s even worse than Amazon.com getting the patent for one-click-shopping (for those who know that story)
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

This is quite good too
    BT thinks it has a US patent on hyperlinks...

It did have UK and various countries patents on them too, but they expired. The US were a few years slow issueing theres and its still alive today

------------------
    P3-700E, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC100... Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Chris B:
      If he succeeds he´s planning to charge a fee equal to 0.3% of any computerized trade in the world!

Nah, hes only getting a US patent, so only trade involving the US would be affected.

------------------
      P3-700E, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC100... Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

Yeah ok... well nevertheless it´s utterly ridiculous. I just can´t believe you can patent something like that.

Just as I found it ridiculous when Bill Gates tryed to patent the "Start" button in windows (basically patenting the word "start"). Did he succeed b.t.w. ?
        If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Patent e-commerce? How lame. That's like saying Piggly Wiggly can patent the super market since they were the first people to do it. Or Wal-mart can patent the mega store since they were the first to do that. It's not going to fly. Even if he does get the patent every International e-commerce company is going to file suit against him like Micron, Hyndai and Infinion are doing, to make it non-inforceable.

BTW, the patent would only pertain to International computer-to-computer transactions. So any transaction inside the US will remain untouched. Only businesses doing transactions with companies outside the US will be affected.

Jammrock

------------------
          Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

LOL @ Mr. Pool, very very funny article, almost can't believe it's real. I kinda want him to get it, wait no not really. But the guy did sell his car etc. and if the article is true he basically did invent it. The thing that would swing my decision as to whether I think he should get it would be whether or not the other companies got the idea from his software, which I highly doubt.
            P3 500 @ 600
            256MB PC133 RAM
            64MB PC100 RAM
            Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
            Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
            WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
            G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
            Monster Sound MX400
            512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
            Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
            ASUS P3B-F
            Logitech X1 Speakers
            Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
            Logitech Internet Keyboard
            19.1G IBM 60GXP
            8.4G Seagate
            1.57G Fujitsu

Comment