Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da sheet I read...

http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/...zimmerman.html
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Darn....I want some Power Sneakers

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 20 August 2000).]
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Heheh, I need my watch to know what my belt buckle is doing!

Comment

Hmm, I see several issues here...

1) If we can't get telephone modems to operate at 56k reliably, how is this body communication feasable?

2) HUGE privacy concern ("informational beacon?"). Calling Big Brother! So much for sneaking out of the office early to golf...

3) If we're possibly getting tumors in our brains from using a cell phone on occasion, what happens when we strap on a belt buckle for 15 hours a day. NO THANKS!
        PIII 550@605
        IWill Motherboard VD133
        VIA Chipset
        512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
        G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
        DirectX 8.0a
        SB Live! Value
        8x DVD (Toshiba)
        6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
        Intel Pro/100+ NIC
        3Com CMX Cable Modem
        Optiquest V95 19"
        HP 812C Color Ink Jet
        Microtek flatbed scanner
        Intellimouse Explorer
        Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
        AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

ahartman, First off the power levels they're refering to are already present in the body by AM, LW and ELF transmitters. Also we're talking <1mHz, not upward of 1 gHz. This was most likely a study done for the sole benifit of NSA, CIA, FBI or anyother gov agency needing a means of transfering secret data without any obvious transfer of data.
          Example, spy A shakes hands with spy B... and all their notes are transfered to the other.

side note, anyone notice those relatively new 2.4gHz cordless phones? Did you know that uWave ovens operate at 2.45 gHz also... ie they're a low power mini uWave brain scrambler.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X