Has anyone else noticed this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else noticed this?

Almost directly over the C in the "MURC forums" logo at the top of the page (just under teh addy bar) there is a black dot. It is like 2 pixels wide. Is it just me!?!

It happens on by both of my monitors and can get very annoying once you have noticed it...

Thanks for feedback,

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Not on my display.

By the way, what add?

Comment

Hmmm, went away now. But I bet you money it will be back!

Dimitri
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Halucination?

Comment

I believe that is a very small image that's there for statistics. The server tracks how often that image is downloaded, and from what domain.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Thanks agallag. Cause now it's back...

Dimitri
            --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Muad'Dib
              I can see that dot thingy too.So you are not alone

Comment

It also shows here from time to time.
                My reaction when I first saw it was to clean the monitor screeen (lucky for me I scrolled down).

Comment

Now it's under the banner at the bottom of the page.
                  It never goes away. It simply change place from time to time.

It's somehow simple to find it, anyway.

Byez!

Uh, I forgot to tell that if you click on it, you can view matroxuser statistics.

------------------
                  Italian Guy, Bad English

D'ya want an Italian version?

Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

The link I get to follow is http://ad-adex3.flycast.com/server/i....html;/8541291

Try that one

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

If it's the dot I think your talking about, this is where it links to when I move the pointer over it.
                      http://usa.nedstat.net/cgi-bin/viewstat?name=murc

I agree with agallag and Drizzt, it's for stat tracking mostlike.

One thing though, it's a very light grey on my screen, not black.

Ian

PS didn't we have a dicussion about this very thing some time back?
                      Primary System:
                      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                      Seccondary System:
                      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                      Tertiary system
                      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Well if you did Ian, it was before my time.... BTW, as to it being black or grey, it's very possible it's grey. I'm using my dad's monitor (POS!!!) as my secondary (where IE is open) and that could well be attributing to its miscoloration.... hehe

Hmmmm, now that I want to click on it and see where it goes, I can't seem to find it.... DOH!

Dimitri
                        --- Albert Einstein

Comment

The netstat link is the dot on the main forums page (as far as I know, although I have looked for it and couldn't find it anymore). The dot I got was bright black, only visible in IE, and linked to the page I gave above.

Btw, I got no upper advert, just the dot sitting there.

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 14 August 2000).]
                          Jordâ„¢

Comment

It took me quite a while to find it. To me, it looks like a medium blue (??), but I have cranked the gamma on my card (because of my GL settings for HL/CS).

Actually, the dot is 1 pixel wide, not 2

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 17 August 2000).]

Comment

That'd be my bad Liquid...

Dimitri
                              --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X