X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo2 addicts - come on in

Hi

*Stands up*
    My name is Christian, I'm 24 years old, and I'm addicted to Diablo2.

*breaks down and sobs*
    yes it's true, I'm hooked on D2, I don't know what to do, when I'm at work I check out D2 message boards and pray that time passes quickly so I can get home and play.
    I try to make up excuses not to see friends and family, so I can play more.

This is really terrible, I've never been so hooked on a game, and the worst part about it is that, when I try too look at the game objectively it really isn't that good. But I just have to play ...

Could someone please take my computer away, so I can get my life back ?

I'm I the only one here at MURC that has fallen for the temptation that Blizzard has unleached unto the gaming community ?

ps. Maybe it's not that bad, I'm posting here right ?

Wrong - Battle.net is down for maintainance, otherwise I'd be playing, isn't it sad ? *lol*

[This message has been edited by CHHAS (edited 15 August 2000).]
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Christian you're not alone, it's ok....

Actually, I was pretty addicted to it until I lost my barbarian. Almost at the end of Act 2 I died (for the first time btw) and I forgot to activate the waygate so I exited and came back, but my body never appeared... I lost ALL my equipment. ALL OF IT! Damn game. Of course I have a backup of the files somewhere, but it's too much of a pita to fix it... hehe

All you need to do to break your addiction is kill off your character ... It all goes to hell from there on...

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

What do you mean your body never appeared ?
      It should've been where the town portals are created, between the center of the town and Mesif (I belive that's the name of the sailor that takes you to Kurast ?).

Anyway, the only character I didn't try was the barbarian.
      First time I played with the paladin, concentrated my skills on zeal (mutiple strikes) and thorn (repell damage). Only thing I hated were monsters that released lightning after you hit them, and the most annoying was one council member that guarded Mephisto. Right now I'm in act 2 (nightmare).

After that I tryed the sorceress. Put every single skill point on warmth (mana regeneration). Did so because mana potions are not for sale and are hard to find. Thoght I'd resolve the mana problem and use stafs for atack skills. Stupid me, there is so hard to gather gold with the sorceress (to buy stafs). Can you belive that I'm in the baracks (act 1) and never had over 30 000 pieces of gold.
      With the paladin I had my stash full (100 000) and was carrying around 50 000 with me, so I had about 150 000 when I got to act 2.

Got upset and tryed the amazon. Used a spear at first and then changed to crossbows and bows. The bow worked well untill act 2 when I changed to a good shield and a sword that did lightning damage.

Right now I'm playing with the necromancer, have 5 skeletons and 2 mages and my skeletal mastery is at level 7. I have 2 more levels of catacomb to get to Andariel.

One thing I don't get, what's the purpose of Natalya in act 3 ? Beside gossip she didn't do much.

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 15 August 2000).]

Comment

Yeah, I know it was supposed to be where the town portal was, but I looked ALL OVER town for it and I couldn't find it.... I suppose I'll just redo the last act since I saved it...

Dimitri
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Don't be sad
          Act 2 was the one I loved the most

Act 3 feels like shit till you get to the city. Runing after pigmies in a jungle/swamp decor isn't that fun.

Comment

Admiral,

That's five points wasted on Skeletons unless it is some item giving it to you. Forget them after Normal Act I is over. Mages may stay useful a tiny bit longer but don't count on them after Act II. Skeleton Mastery might pay off later when using Revive so that's somewhat okay.
            Golems, Corpse Explosion, Iron Maiden, Bone Spear are some of the better skills as a necro.

Natalya I believe is the hook for the next installment in the Diablo series, whether it will be an expansion pack or a full game. Starcraft Brood War was also packed with unanswered questions.

ps. What I'm addicted to is the Moo Moo Farm.

Comment

How could you guys still like D2 after what Blizzard did to it with the damn patches? Servers going down all the time.... LAG in SINGLE PLAYER GAMES!!! And nerfing? And the damn life orb updating AFTER YOU FREAKING DIE!!!!!!! Melee monsters hit you from half way across the flipping screen!! The "monster warping." The network code for Diablo 2 blows monkey chunks all over. Diablo 1 had better code for God's sake!!

I bought Collectors Edition number 59,429. There were only 70,000 special editions made.... and I'm wishing that I didn't buy it. At least the box is pretty...

D2 is not as addictive as D1... in my opinion. It's really hard to explain, but it plays "differently." The game doesn't feel quite right.

But if you're having fun, have at it!
              McRhea

Comment

McRhea, simple solution. Don't patch the game...

Dimitri
                --- Albert Einstein

Comment

I didn't patch it! Hehehe... I'm still using version 1.01.

Even with that version it still sucks. There's LAG in single player, and TCP/IP. That's just so lame, that I don't play it anymore.
                  McRhea

Comment

McRhea:

The only times I experience lag (besides from the 'lag' from B-Net constantly being down, although that has gotten ALOT better lately), is in 8 player multiplayer games where everyone is one the same screen throwing spells, shuffling skeletons ect. ect.

And about the patches, I feel with the people who's favourite skill/spell gets nerfed, but I think Blizzard should make corrections when unbalancing skills/spells are discovered, although with 4 years of game creation maybe they could have found them before releasing, hmm ?

I took, an unvoluntary, night off D2 yesterday, due to server maintainance, and actually watched TV! Maybe I'll even see my parents tomorrow
                    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I´m hooked too... I lost my social life...

Damn good game, though. I finished Diablo I 3 times... This one seems tough, too.

------------------
                      "I wish I was a witch...
                      ...to shove my broomstick right up your *ss."

Comment

Working...
                      X