New Matrox card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Matrox card

It looks like Matrox has listened to us users and implemented the much anticipated Render Subject Nude feature. For more info look at:
    http://bbspot.com/News/2000/8/video_card.html

Skyflyer

LOL
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

snicker
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times: if Matrox properly implements the "render subjects nude" feature, it will make all other 3D boards obsolete. Of course, the all important PowerDesk 7.XXX will not work with PII's and the older Celeron CPU's, and VIA-users will experience lockups at www.buffythevampireslayer.com.

Of course, nVidia will somehow magically implement the feature in the GeForce3 MX and the leaked Detonator 7.01 driver set. I hear they have their newly hired Canadian engineers working on it now.

The Diamond Viper IV will support the feature in hardware, but not in drivers. ATI will muck up the driver implementation for the Radeon II, resulting in an unwanted "render subjects inside out" experience, which will further enrage Steve Jobs.

When ATI finally corrects the driver issue, a year late, Apple will announce that the feature is only available on the Mac.

3dfx will claim that the feature is not needed. The Bitboys Oy will claim that they always supported the feature in vaporware.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I guess review sites will be comparing the transparent walls technology from Asus with this new RSN tecnology from Matrox.

Seriously though, the ATi Radeon's use of 3D textures could possibly implement this feature for real.

Comment

You don't need that technology to check out all of Britney ... you can already find it here.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
            X