I have absolutely no idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have absolutely no idea.

I posted from work on Friday and then when I got back this morning, unfortunately I'm without a PC on the weekends at this time, I find that it is gone. In it's place I find another thread asking me about it. But I can't respond in it because it has been locked. So your guess is as good as mine.

slyfox

Very strange indeed....... So, if Kruzin and Ant had nothing to do with this, then who could it possibly be????????

I am begining to realize that there are two too many moderators on these Forums who tend to go to far at times. These Forums were started long before these two got involved and with alot less infighting amoung members.

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 31 July 2000).]
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I immediately knew there was something wrong with these two when I found out they are using Netscape.

Comment

The Administrator (not a Moderator) locked the thread about Slyfox's missing thread. He stated he did not know what happen to either the missing thread or several deleted posts, but that a number of strange things have happened to the forums since they were hacked and migrated from GA Games to their current location.

The Moderators were accused of removing posts from a particularly contentious thread in the Matrox Hardware Forum. I got into the discussion late in the game and noticed the people accused of removing posts had quoted from those posts. The fact that they were missing interupted the flow of conversation, and, as a result, the Moderators' responses didn't make a lot of sense to me. I couldn't tell what was going on.

At least on this particular issue, I would hope we could leave personalities out of the discussion. The truth is, the site was hacked, and it appears that Administrator functions were temporarily turned over to hackers. I think, at the very least, we should give people the benefit of the doubt.

I also hope that the older members would just settle their differences, and that the new members would stay out of it. (That's just a request.) Things have been really tense since the hack, and I think we should do everything we can to allow things to settle down a bit.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

But the thread move and slyfox's post were done after the forum upgrades. I actually saw the thread right after it was moved and all the post were in there, but shortly thereafter they disappear. And if it was a bug in the software then it is a mighty selective bug in that the only post deleted were the ones by the "3 clowns" as Jorden refers to them. As for slyfox's deleted thread, all I can go by is what was said in the first post here. It was there on Friday and gone on Monday.

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I agree with Paul...

can we just quit this whole stuff about missing things and stuff? It's all the result of this F*** of an Un, and now that he is gone, we should go on with our normal business around here again, as if no Un has ever existed.

I don't believe that moderators that have been moderators as such for a long time will delete posts: they know the consequences.... now if we all just forget this whole incident..... I am getting tired of it

Comment

Amen - LET IT GO.
              PIII 550@605
              IWill Motherboard VD133
              VIA Chipset
              512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
              G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
              DirectX 8.0a
              SB Live! Value
              8x DVD (Toshiba)
              6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
              Intel Pro/100+ NIC
              3Com CMX Cable Modem
              Optiquest V95 19"
              HP 812C Color Ink Jet
              Microtek flatbed scanner
              Intellimouse Explorer
              Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
              AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

I find it very easy to believe that an unfriendly outsider would do something like that to instigate dissention within our user group.

Comment

This forum is absolutely full with drama. It's like a soap sometimes... gotta love it.
                  P3 500 @ 600
                  256MB PC133 RAM
                  64MB PC100 RAM
                  Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
                  Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
                  WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
                  G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
                  Monster Sound MX400
                  512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
                  Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
                  ASUS P3B-F
                  Logitech X1 Speakers
                  Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
                  Logitech Internet Keyboard
                  19.1G IBM 60GXP
                  8.4G Seagate
                  1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

We are Murcers! The only good people in the galaxy! We always keep together, or it should be like this. I can't believe what I'm reading here, I'm totally disappointed.

I'm going back to my favorite forum were everything is right(Seti@Murc). No flames there, no nonsens.

Mega

K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
                    G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

Don't know what happened there did not see the thread (except the locked one). Hopefully whoever overstepped their bounds will apologise whether publicly or privately, and put this ugly unMURClike incident behind us. Very disappointing behaviour
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

as the poster said ,

who what where............. i dont have a clue as to what is being talked about, i dont read the forums on the weekend (i play evercrack and work around the house. (im remodeling two rooms in the basement i just finished working oon the pipes (and tested for leaks ) now im going to start on the wireing........))))))

so in short what happened when did it happen and why did it happen ????? and who did it?????????
                        msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                        it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Read the following thread

forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000706.html

for a start then look at the following thread

forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000701.html

slyfox

[This message has been edited by slyfox (edited 02 August 2000).]

Comment

After (if) you read those threads, FRICKIN' LET IT DIE.

I can't believe some of you people won't just let this go.
                            PIII 550@605
                            IWill Motherboard VD133
                            VIA Chipset
                            512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                            G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                            DirectX 8.0a
                            SB Live! Value
                            8x DVD (Toshiba)
                            6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                            Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                            3Com CMX Cable Modem
                            Optiquest V95 19"