My complaint about nVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My complaint about nVIDIA

I was outraged and ashamed after hearing about some of nVIDIA's latest stances. Read on, gentle reader, and hear what I have to say. If you want to hide something from nVIDIA, you just have to put it in a book. I don't know when fogyism became chic, but some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that nVIDIA is secretly scheming to palm off our present situation as the compelling ground for worldwide pharisaism. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that it looks like it has an uncritical -- almost a worshipful -- attitude toward malicious moochers. But you knew that already. So let me add that my purpose here is not to reverse the devolutionary course it has set for us. Well, okay, it is. But I should point out that we must reach out to people with the message that it is incapable of handling an adult emotion or a universal concept without first reducing it to something cruel, insidious, impertinent, and probably unprincipled. We must alert people of that. We must educate them. We must inspire them. And we must encourage them to demand a thoughtful analysis and resolution of our problems with nVIDIA. Having said that, let me add that the objection may still be raised that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and arrogant bookish-types. At first glance, this sounds almost believable. Yet the following must be borne in mind: I cannot compromise with nVIDIA; it is without principles. I cannot reason with it; it is without reason. But I can warn it, and with a warning it must really take to heart: If one could get a Ph.D. in Voyeurism, nVIDIA would be the first in line to have one.

For those who need very specific examples in order to grasp the significance of nVIDIA's ethics, I'll give a very specific example: Think for a moment about the way that if nVIDIA wanted to, it could devastate vast acres of precious farmland. It could exercise both subtlety and thoroughness in managing both the news and the entertainment that gets presented to us. And it could cast the world into nuclear holocaust. We must unquestionably not allow nVIDIA to do any of these. Ostensibly, nVIDIA does not intend to quash other people's opinions, but in fact, it thinks it would be a great idea to impose a narrow theological agenda on secular society. Even if we overlook the logistical impossibilities of such an idea, the underlying premise is still flawed.

After I build a true community of spirit and purpose based on mutual respect and caring, I know that everyone will come to the dismayed conclusion that I stated at the beginning of this discussion: In public, nVIDIA vehemently inveighs against corruption and sin. But when nobody's looking, nVIDIA never fails to make all of us pay for its boondoggles. As a general rule, last summer, I attempted what I knew would be a hopeless task. I tried to convince nVIDIA that I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke it to pander to our worst fears. As I expected, nVIDIA was unconvinced. The really interesting thing about all this is not that all of nVIDIA's manuscripts are based on the premise that an open party with unlimited access to alcohol can't possibly outgrow the host's ability to manage the crowd. The interesting thing is that you don't have to say anything specifically about it for it to start attacking you. All you have to do is dare to imply that I should investigate the development of pauperism as a concept. NVIDIA is laughing up its sleeve at us, and that's one reason why I'm writing this letter. I believe I have finally figured out what makes organizations like nVIDIA remove society's moral barriers and allow perversion to prosper. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. Still, the issue of what to do about nVIDIA's irritable naive expedients is far from settled. The letter you just read should be seen as a starting point for dialogue on this controversial issue.

------------------
    P3/450, 128, G400DH32 + stuff.

Someone's been playing again with an automatic complaint generator or what ;=)

Nice to see other Finns here, though.
    (0,1) Just my two bits.

Comment

Magnificent! Genuine MURCer's sense of humour.

------------------
      Merely this, and nothing more
      Computer Revolution makes it possible to substitute educated slaves for ignorant ones. (V.I.Arnold)

Comment

Heh, I saw the link to the generator in The Register a few days ago and couldn't resist testing it a bit

I've been a lurker on these forii a tad over a year now(well, ever since I heard of the G400 coming out) and though I'd post something for a change...

-- KingBob

ps. Taitaa täällä muitakin suomalaisia olla?

------------------

Comment

ps. Taitaa täällä muitakin suomalaisia olla?

------------------
          PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE, HOTROD-UDMA66
          Join the MURC SETI team @ <A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678

" TARGET=_blank>http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678

</A>
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

KingBob:

Could you post a link to that complaint generator ?
            I'd love to test it out
            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I saw this link in <a href="http://www.theregister.co.uk"> The Register</a> where someone had posted A Flame of the Week using this complaint generator. Here's the link: <a href="http://www-csag.cs.uiuc.edu/individual/pakin/complaint">Complaint Generator</a>

Have fun with it

EDIT: oops, messed up the link, naturally...
              ------------------

[This message has been edited by KingBob (edited 02 August 2000).]

Comment

Hey, how come Kingbobs post count didnt go up? Im sure that 3 + 1 + 1 doesnt = 3

Ali

[This message has been edited by Ali (edited 03 August 2000).]

Comment

I'm funny that way.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X