This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slyfox, what happened to your thread?

Who deleted your thread and my posts unt why?

Ciao

I was just looking for that thread!

------------------
    Ace
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Maybe she deleted it herself, after she read Holly's explanation.

And if slyfox didn't delete that thread, either someone else did, not Holly anyway, who wants us to fight further, Gino.

I hope you read my last reply to you in that other thread, and I'm not in any fighting mood again

At least, if you want to keep it up, the MURC has gotten another comic duo
      With you 3 alongside us, the rest will be loving our snidy remarks over and over, making MURC (at least in TSB) a fun place to come.

Something you knew already, otherwise you wouldn't be coming back

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

yeah yeah whatever. I made a joke about your fingernails being dirty and you jumped all over me calling me a clown and a dwarf.

I doubt sly deleted it. Holly closed off the thread of insults, then my posts are gone, swampy's posts are gone, and sly's thread is gone. So you want me to beleive that it's all of us deleting our own posts and threads. Yeah right. I don't piss against the wind and think it's raining.

The only reason why I came back to AS THE SB TURNS is because the thread was moved here. WTF would I want to come in holly's forum to chit chat? I have friends for that.

Soooooo I will keep making fun of you 2 until you stop attacking me for no reason. If you can't take a joke, say so.

Holly - No matter what handle you use, it don't matter. You can't flame people with one handle and think it's ok just because it isn't the same handle as your moderator's handle. Very poor excuse to get away with flaming members especially telling the mini's to F off and calling them POS. Very bad. Tsk a Tsk a Tsk.

Ciao

Comment

Gino, I discussed this with Kruzin, and he told me that he moved the thread to TSB, and only deleted the original.

As Holly said in slyfox's thread, maybe there's a glitch in the new UBB software, so if you start missing posts, email Ant. !!

I am not having any rights to delete in or move a thread from anywhere on the fori. Ant is admin of all forums and Kruzin is a mod of MHW. He moved the thread to here and it got here without your posts. I can't believe either you or Swampy is that fast to delete your posts within a minute. So something in the moving must've gone wrong.

And until we hear of Slyfox we can't be sure where this post of her went. Maybe Ant was in the neighborhood and deleted it without any of us knowing. It was your posting here that sparked our interest, especially after Holly posted a reply to Slyfox earlier this evening.

And about the rest of the things, what happened in that other thread, I can't say I am proud of it, but I can tell you that the L&H remark of yours sparked off that little cheek-a-cheek

But then again, I answered you honestly in that other thread, in the end.

Another post up my notch where i don't help a poor soul

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Gino, no idea what happened to slyfox's thread.

I responded and then logged off to do something else. When I came back online, I noticed the thread had been deleted and assumed that slyfox deleted the first post, which takes the whole thread with it, after reading my reply.

Certainly you can see that it makes little sense for me to reply civilly and then delete the thread.

But you think or suspect as you like.

I flamed one person in the Blasted Mini's thread. I think it became clear who I was complaining about fairly quickly, which is to say Unexplained, the hacker-- who despite having "Administrator" under his name, was in fact a mini-MURCer of 3 post fame (and a fake one at that). I have never ever claimed to like new members with know-it-all attitudes who enter our forums and tell us our business, and don't listen when we object.

I do tend to be snappish with them, true, especially when more gentle suggestions have no effect. Obviously in the case of Unexplained--who is the person I was b*tching about--an anvil to the head would have made no difference. In fact, at least one mini-MURCer did express concern that I meant minis generally or him specifically, which I answered, and that seems to have been satisfactory to everyone except you.

As for my "form"-- well, I never claimed to be a saint. You don't like it, you know who to complain to. Email addys are posted all over the place for both me and the admin of these forums.

If flaming isn't "right" under my personal handle, then it's not right for anyone-- including you.

Oh, and I can certainly take a joke. Let me know when you get around to making one.

------------------------
            Holly
            Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
            -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Sheeeeeeesh you 2 just don't get it.

Me to Jord - ewwwwww, you have dirt under your fingernails.

THIS WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!!

Jord - Oh look, it's two of the 3 clowns...

Swampy - wants to know why she was called a clown.

You to swampy - ...and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that I'm the same person.

Then more insults about dwarfs and lousy actors or whatever he was saying.

Now you come and tell me - Oh, and I can certainly take a joke. Let me know when you get around to making one.

You see now??? It's just one insult after another coming from you 2.

It's what, 5am in your area and your on here arguing over why it's ok for you to insult me. Yeah, real bright.

Since you need a warning for when a joke is about to happen, here's one for you. Rub a dub dub, Jordens loves his Moooooooootub.

Answer and insult all you want. I'm out a here.

Ciao

Comment

Look, you asked about slyfox's disappearing thread, and I answered on that. That was the initial thing you posted this thread for, wasn't it?

Now all of a sudden you turned the thread into a "say sorry you guys" thread "for I was only joking". Good for you, you were only joking, and if you read any of my above posts, I was joking along with you in this one. If I should spell it out further, tell me, but until that time, Bye Gino, and we'll be seeing you, 'k?

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 29 July 2000).]
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well I as sure hell am looking for an apology from both of you. You had no right calling me a clown when I didn't even post in that thread.

SwAmPy

Comment

"I have never ever claimed to like new members with know-it-all attitudes who enter our forums and tell us our business, and don't listen when we object."

Sounds like someone else has a bit of an attitude here. IMO there are only three people who can truely call this 'our forums'. First is Ant, who provided the server space in the first place. Flangor, who was the original admin/mod. And myself who was involved in alot of the talks about the starting of the MURC forums. I was even offered the admin/mod job myself, but at the time I did not feel that I had the time to devote to it properly. So stop trying to make it sound like there would not even be a MURC forum or these forums would shut down if it wasn't for you and Jorden. This forum was alive and well long before either one of you arrived.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel, afaik, these forums are (naturally) owned by Ant, and created as you mention, but they belong to the thousands of members who make it what it is. Surely almost 6000 members can't be meaningless.

That's the "our" I meant. And yes, I have a bit of an attitude. (Like you don't .) You've known me long enough that that shouldn't be news to you.

<hr>SwAmPlAdY, please check your records. <u>I</u> did not call you any names at any time, under any nick of mine. Therefore, I am not going to apologize as if I did.

This is not the first time I have disagreed with Jord's approach and probably will not be the last. Please recognize that he is a separate and independent person. I have said before that no one speaks for me but me.

It is not my place to apologize for him. My opinion as to whether he should apologize is just that-- an opinion-- in either my 'private' or 'public' personas, given that publically his insults have ceased, and the posts that may have sparked them have been deleted.

I would suggest this rather boring personal fight be conducted elsewhere, if it must continue, but that's about all I have to say about the whole thing at the moment, other than correcting any misconceptions people may have.

----------------------
                      Holly
                      Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                      -Jay Bulworth

Comment

At least you know who started the name calling and NO, I won't take this BS elsewhere because it's just that and I don't care who's feelings I hurt. I don't take unjustified BS from anyone.

Nuff said, I'm joining Gino.

SwAmPy

Comment

No, it is the way you use the term 'ours' that makes the difference. Yes it is true that the forums are here for "the thousands of members" who are registered. And "Surely almost 6000 members can't be meaningless". I never said that. I'm just upset by the percieved arrogance of you two lately. Making it sound like y'all ARE the forums and that the forums only exist at all, because of y'all. Now that maybe totally wrong but that is the way I have read it and I have had a couple of others ask me about the same thing.

And stop laying this 'private' or 'public' personas shit on us. It is the same person no matter what you say under each persona. And most of the regulars already know why you don't like me.

And as for Jorden. "Please recognize that he is a separate and independent person" with you standing and looking over his shoulder all the time. How can he speak his mind? He also needs to stop pounding his chest all the time about all his numerous post. All the regulars here know that the biggest majority of those post were nothing more than pure bullshit that has done absolutely nothing except to increase his post count trying to make himself look like he is king or something of these forums.

My word of advice to you two, 'if you can't stand the heat maybe you should get out of the kitchen'. And BTW, is this not the soap box forum "where you can discuss any old rubbish", including a couple of Mods that have too much of the big head lately.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

OK...I've been quiet long enough myself.
                            I usually ignore this forum, but someone sent me a link to this thread, and it seems a good opportunity to voice my opinion on matters...

I've gotta go with Joel's opinion of the way "Laurel and Hardy" seem to feel we owe them some enormous debt of gratitude for their immense contributions here, as if these ("our/their") forums would wither away and die without them. Guess what....they where fine before the dynamic duo, and they'll go on fine if they decide to move on. The meager things contributed by these two don't merit the praise they seem to feel is due to them.

First there is Jorden ("don't call me JordAn, or I'll throw a fit and then go pout in the corner"). Upteen thousand posts, and maybe 1 out of 75 is useful. The SoapBox forum was made primarily to keep his pointless jabbering out of the "Info" forums. This guy reminds me of old Earnest T. from Mayberry (old Andy Griffith ref). He runs around town like a chicken with his head cut off, cackling and babbling meaningless dribble...all the time thinking his sh*t don't stink, and that everyone hangs on his next word. While in reality everyone is laughing at him behind his back, waiting to see what the town fools next batch of verbal diahreah gives us to laugh at.

I think the best laugh we've gotten (and still chuckle about) is his "Moderator" title. Or "Moderator of Nothing" as he is commonly referred to. Nobody can post in his forum but him. Well, other Mods can post in his forum...but I did that once, and got b*tched out, because "that's not how he wanted to do it". I think he was given the "title" and a zero-hit forum just to shut him up. Instead it just went to his head, making him think he actually has some say in what goes on here. Hopefully I've now broken him of his "back seat moderating" (constantly ICQing me, trying to tell me what to do with threads in the forums I co-mod, or complaining about what I did with a certain thread). If he wasn't broken of that habit, he prob is now

Then there's Holly"I have multi-handles, one for each personality disorder"Berri. AKA MoooTub . Nobody can hold a grudge like her . She's still pissed that I made a stand against her moderating the Matrox Hardware forum when her first act as moderator was to edit one of my posts to "remove content potentially damaging to the MURC". (Good time to plug www.webwasher.com )

And while she doesn't ICQ me like her unic does (in fact, a while back, she requested to be authorized on my ICQ list, then refused for weeks to grant me the great honor of her approval...how's that for conceited?), I sure do hear about it in my mailbox when she doesn't like a thread moved to her forum. Even a thread where she is actively participating in OT babble and insults ("I don't see any reason to stop you from digging yourself as big a hole as you want.") apparently has no place in her little world, as it will get shut down ASAP. At least her complaint e-mails are getting briefer. This last one was a nice short, snotty "Thanks a lot". I imagine the next one (due about 30 seconds after I hit submit on this post) will be trimmed to a brief "FU".

To be fair, at least some of her posts try to be helpful...and she did write that spiffy "forum survival guide"...but these things are hardly cause for the Queen-like attitude she tries to push of on her royal subjects. Sorry to burst your bubble Holly, but your kingdom consists only of a court jester.

In reference to that thread with the mysterious disappearing posts...
                            1)I did not delete any posts from that thread, I simply moved it here.
                            2)There is not a bug in the forum software that caused the posts to go away.
                            3)There are people here who will not post in the Sh*tBox forum.

I think it's most likely that some people simply did not want to be under Holly's moderation, and therefore deleted their posts. This is a feeling I can completely sympathize with, and is the reason you rarely see me post in here.

And before you start another x-file, Jord...no I am not Gino. I have one handle across the entire internet. You will never see me hiding behind a phony handle, or having multiple handles just so I can "switch personalities", and try to justify insults by saying "I wasn't using my moderator handle, so anything goes".
                            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

i agree with all this. Those two moderators should no longer be. They think like the site is theirs and they are lacking serious integrity. Seeing motub start a thread in bold and swearing is a lack a professionalism that should get her strip of her title. You two are a waist a bandwith. Can't you see that the Laurel and Hardy duo is not that much appreciated and those thousand of useless post are just plain annoying. Get a life for crying out loud or start posting "productive" posts!!

Just my two cents... and very tired of hearing yours!

Comment

Working...
                              X